Format: PaperbackChange

on 9 July 2013
I've found this a really helpful book to plan a trip to Chile. Its packed with valuable information and when I have double checked some of the details, it has turned out to be accurate. Maps are good too. Its usefully structured and it covers a range of styles of travelling, from backpacking to hotels with a suitcase which was great for me as I'm mixing it up for my trip. I'll be taking it with me of course.
on 26 February 2014
This was bought to prepare for a month-long visit to Chile (which is soon to begin). So far it looks to be a good guide - up to the usual "Rough Guide" standards. it includes (almost) all the areas and topics we were interested in.

We will know better when we return - hopefully . . .

**UPDATE**
This did prove to be a very useful guide indeed, and gave us good leads to interesting places and worthwhile suggestions for eating and sleeping locations. We were quite satisfied with it, and would happily recommend it to other travellers.
on 4 March 2013
I have used Rough Guides for many years and find the layout helpful. The unbiased information is good. Looking forward to my trip to Chile as I am well armed with my guide book. One cannot live by Internet alone!
on 14 November 2014
I would expect much more functionality from an e-book. Better links between relevant sections, and in particular, full resolution maps are an absolute must for the future. Search functions are limited at best.

Until substantial upgrades are made, paperback is still better. Even then, a book will still be less attractive to thiefs than your smartphone.
on 24 May 2013
The lonely planet is more accurate and up-to-date. I enjoyed the pictures and the style of the articles, but they really do need to rework the content.
on 5 January 2015
Bought for someone travelling.
on 2 October 2014
good research tool
on 12 October 2013
Loved the book and the interesting historical information as well as the recommended places to visit and eat. I just found the print rather small which necessitated getting glasses out which I don't usually need.
on 25 August 2014
arrived well packaged and there was no damage to the book.