5.0 out of 5 stars Victorians book, 9 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Victorians (Eyewitness) (Paperback)
I purchased this book as my 8yr old grandson is studying Victorians at school and it is great reading and the illustrations are really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars i bought this book along with 2 books about the Victorian Era written for adults for 2 reasons - I learn better when I have a lo, 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Victorians (Eyewitness) (Paperback)
i'm in my 30's and have just recently started reading classic literature. That means mostly 19th century England settings. i bought this book along with 2 books about the Victorian Era written for adults for 2 reasons - I learn better when I have a lot of visuals, and i planned to enlarge some pictures for my wall if i liked them. So I started to look through the book and ended up reading every word, and it gave me a great basis for reading the adult books. I did not attend high school in the states nor grow up in England, so most of the information was new to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Overview, 26 April 2014
Thespionic "Thespionic" (West Country) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I don’t recall history being taught in my junior school at all, though it was immediately on the timetable at senior school and throughout my time there. I think this book sits perfectly for an11 year old to get stuck in to, though when the ‘Victorian Era’ comes up for study may of course come later on in their learning, and certainly if the history is taught by date!
Apparently a lot of schools are watering down the amount of history taught at school and pupil wise it's becoming less popular – this can’t be right surely as it’s essential IMHO to know what’s gone on before? History is certainly one of the most interesting and enjoyable subjects to attend? I know I really enjoyed it and still do at 60!
This book has only 40 pages but is packed with everything ‘Victorian’ and I thoroughly recommend it as a first class overview. It has a beautiful painting of Victoria with her family on the inner. From hereon it’s just full of information & excellent illustrations about a wonderful age in our history. It certainly makes me appreciate what a hard life my grandparents had?

5.0 out of 5 stars He loved this. Easy to read and find information, 29 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Victorians (Eyewitness) (Paperback)
I bought this for my 8year old for a project on Victorians.
He loved this.
Easy to read and find information.
It had a fabulous poster inside which was ideal for giving to his school.
Recommended to all

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book To Read With A Child, 14 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Victorians (Eyewitness) (Paperback)
I've given this book five stars, because in the right hands for the right child it's a great book, but there are a few caveats.

It's a book to have at home or the classroom for when your child or class is undertaking a Victorians project, but it's not an ideal book to give to a primary school child to use on their own. Rather, it needs to be read and interpreted by an adult as they use it. It's full of great information, but the reading demand is rather high.

If you're looking for something that a primary child can use on his or her own, perhaps look at Horrible Histories. THE VILE VICTORIANS which has the advantage of being a bit cheaper, and comes in a very good Kindle version as well.

If you're a teacher, buy perhaps a couple of copies to have in school. If you're a parent, only buy it if you're prepared to use the book with your child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Jan. 2015

good product

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 July 2014
Good book

Victorians (Eyewitness)
Victorians (Eyewitness) by Ann Krammer (Paperback - 1 July 2011)