4.0 out of 5 stars An attractive and informative book
This is one of many guide books on Las Vegas that I have purchased and is one of the most attractive. It contains some amazing photographs, and is set out in a logical way.
The text is informative and includes everything a traveller needs to know. It does go into a lot more detail than some guides and appears to be the most up to date book currently available...
Published on 5 Feb. 2006 by Skyebluepink

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Value and out of Date
Having been to Vegas and was going back with a friend I thought I would get this book (as they are normally very good) to plan out what we would do while there.

Having read the book it was out of date, and did not give you the best of Vegas in anyway regardless of what you were looking for. I gave it 2 stars for nice pics and good maps.

My suggestion...
Published on 28 April 2006 by S. R. Hutchins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars An attractive and informative book, 5 Feb. 2006
This book will almost certainly be coming on holiday with me!

4.0 out of 5 stars INFORMATIVE BOOK, 15 April 2009
A. Fairbrother "BUBBLE" (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
THIS BOOK BREAKS DOWN THE DIFFERENT AREAS OF VEGAS, GIVES YOU THE HISTORY OFFERS TIPS ON HOW MUCH MONEY YOU MIGHT NEED IF YOU FOLLOWED THE 'FOUR GREAT DAYS IN VEGAS' SECTION. IT HAS MAPS, TRAVELLERS NEEDS, WHERE TO STAY,WHERE TO EAT AND ENTERTAINMENT. FULL OF GLOSSY UP TO DATE PICS AS WELL. IN SHORT WELL WORTH THE MONEY! IT ALSO GIVES YOU PHONE NUMBERS FOR EVERYTHING. BRILLIANT!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars All in one compact guide, 24 Nov. 2009
Great visual guidebook with lots of pictures and maps. The essential info you need to know about the strip during your stay plus if you have the time day trips to other places in Nevada. A great read for all you your need to know info before heading out and the rest you get to see with your eyes in Vegas

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for your first time!!, 31 July 2008
This guide is perfect for your first time in Vegas!!

It is set out in a well thought out way and as with all the Eyewitness guides gives great advice on staying and eating on all budgets. There is also an invaluable 'streetsmart' section.

The larger hotels are given their own sections (as they should be - they are huge!) and there are great tips on getting the best out of Vegas when visiting.

I cannot recommend this range of guides enough!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book to start your trip to LV, 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Las Vegas (Eyewitness Travel Guides) (Flexibound)
As never visiting Las Vegas before we needed a book to help us decide where to visit and what to see when there, rather than leaving it until we arrive. This books is helping us on this quest. We are looking forward to this visit, and we shall be taking this book with us.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good guide for Las Vegas, 20 Feb. 2012
Lucy1038 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I always buy eyewitness guides when I am going on holidays and usually they are 5-star. I found the Las Vegas one not quite as good as usual mainly because Las Vegas itself changes at such a rate that it is hard to keep up with which hotels etc are still there by the time the book goes to print! I found some of the listings slightly out of date by the time I got there even though I had the most up to date version of the guide at the time. Also the photos from the book are very old fashioned and out of date, sorely in need of taking some up to date photos! All in all though it is a helpful and comprehensive guide and much better than any of the other guides I checked out so I would recommend it if you are a first time visitor to Vegas.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Value and out of Date, 28 April 2006
S. R. Hutchins (South East UK) - See all my reviews

My suggestion get the free guide book from a Taxi cab when your on the way to your hotel! Much better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide, 21 Feb. 2013
We are due to go on holiday this summer and it has already helped us plan outing and places to see :-) And it is so much cheaper than the instore prices, definately worth the 3-4 day delivery wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent In formed Guide, 1 Nov. 2013
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides are excellent for their clarity of content, ease of use and informed material. Their maps are top class and the information inside is accurate and not opinionated.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Essential Guide to Las Vegas, 9 Feb. 2012
Brawny Withed (Leeds, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is an indispensable book for anyone who is planning a Holiday to Las Vegas or is thinking about booking one.

The book provides a History of the Town and a full rundown of most of The Major Hotel's both on and of the main Strip. It also contains many useful pieces of information about the attractions both in the city and further afield (Such as The Grand Canyon and Red Rock Canyon).

I personally enjoyed the themed walks recommended in the book and the Restaurant guide was extremely useful.

The book is easy to read, user-friendly and with full colour photographs and maps I highly recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Las Vegas (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Las Vegas (Eyewitness Travel Guides) by David Stratton (Flexibound - 2 July 2012)