This is a great travel guide. What I like about it is that it gives an overview - it provides a summary of what is on offer. Inside is not just the obvious - the Top 10 sights to see. Also you get the Top 10 museums & galleries, Top 10 markets, Top 10 Arts & Crafts, Top 10 events etc. - even the Top 10 things to avoid.

This travel guide is divided by area with restaurant reviews for each, plus recommendations for shops, bars and hotels.

It can't provide detail - it can provide `the big picture'. I now normally take two travel guides with me - a DK Top 10 one like this and a detailed travel guide, to get the best of both worlds. If you just have a detailed travel guide, you can miss out on things that you wish you had visited.

On a separate issue, I bought this in the Kindle format (because I am a Kindle lover) and to my surprise found the Kindle format terribly irritating. It taught me that when using a travel guide, you want to be able to flick quickly through it and jump around easily - that's SO much easier with a physical book.

In addition, you want it to be in colour - you can cure that by taking your iPad with you but an iPad is bigger and heavier than this book in its paperback version. You can get round that if you have an iPad mini or a large screen smartphone (neither of which I had when I bought this) but you are still left with the problem of being unable to flick around the book quickly.

Travel guides just don't work well in the Kindle format, in my opinion.
on 13 July 2013
A great, basic handbook. Tells you all the detail you need to know about Naples and the surrounding area. Accurate. Good suggestions for places to eat etc. It is quite brief, however, and so necessarily only covers the main attractions. A more detailed guide would be good as backup. The tear-out map is better than the one the Naples tourist information centre give out!!!!
on 12 May 2014
Arrived on time and in very good condition. The book is small enough to fit into my handbag, and will therefore be easy to carry with me.
on 19 July 2013
Very poor value Kindle purchase even at 99 pence. Pay a bit more for something better. Content is. Too superficial.
on 4 May 2013
I bought this mainly because of the 'free map', as we were driving down from Naples to Ravello but it was a tiny map & no good at all. Some of the top ten attractions/restaurants weren't that great either. On the up side it was a compact size and well laid out.
on 4 January 2015
I can always rely on DK travel guides, and this Top 10 guide for Naples was perfect for my holiday! All suggestions were exactly as described in the book and the mini maps were well drawn...Great product for those thinking of going on a short holiday.
on 30 December 2012
I have purchased Eyewitness travel guides in the past and they are wonderfully presented. I toured France by car and would have missed some terrific places without it. However I've also purchased a few Top Ten guides and I don't really like them. This particular one I bought on Kindle and I would definitely advise against that (Even though I am a huge Kindle fan for novels). The nature of a guide is lost on an e-book.
on 29 March 2014
Too brief a description on most places, quite small maps, disappointingly poor compared to the paper edition. Quite easy to find your way around but returned for refund
on 10 July 2014
Very convenient for identifying the most important sites and buildings in and around Naples. You can then use the internet to supplement the book's information.
on 24 July 2013
The paper version of this is filled with lovely pictures - this is not. The text is fine but it doesn't work for me as a reference guide without more pictures.