on 20 December 2013
I'm going to Russia in January and purchased this guide to supplement my sightseeing. I wanted something small and light to carry around. Normally when a guide is advertised as pocket sized it is smaller than average but still won't actually fit in your pocket. The one I bought for Rome weighed a tonne and I ended up leaving it in the hotel room. This one however was a bit of a shock when it arrived as it actually is tiny! It will fit very nicely into my jean pocket and has just enough information on the major sights. The downside is that the text is also and its a bit fiddly to use in general - so this is not for you if you can't read small text without a magnifying glass.Haven't had the chance to test the product on holiday yet.
on 26 February 2014
This is a fabulous guide with easy to use informative maps. It contains clear details about the sites, together with location maps, metro information and opening times and prices.
on 6 August 2013
It seemed ideal for my purpose but when it arrived it was far too small for me to read comfortably. I immediately searched for another product to buy ( another DK product because I like their products but not when so small). Hence the three star rating - it would be 5 star on content or 0 star on practicality (for me). The major criticism as a buyer is that nowhere in the description is there a size - giving dimensions of 70mm x 152mm would have indicated its lack of suitability (to me). The same problem arose when searching for an alternative - no size given anywhere! I have ordered an alternative but I must await its arrival to see whether or not I have wasted more money. 'Pocket' may be a clue to size but pockets are very variable in size - dimensions please.
on 16 April 2015
good book
on 2 April 2013
I saw this little book in WHSmith and fell in love on it. I bought it in Amazon. I will bring it with me when I go to Moscow on 1st of May.