Format: Board book|Change

on 8 December 2014
Little boy loves looking at the pictures and spotting where things are. He
Is speech is a little delayed, so great for helping that, and really helps demonstrate his understanding.

Have put some pictures of the content in as I would have liked to have known what was covered when I ordered - not disappointed!
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 15 July 2010
All the Dorling Kindersley books of this type share several features. They're bright, robust and cheerful:each page has a number of prompts so you're reminded what sorts of questions you can ask your children about the page. Each chunky tab helps bambino get to a specific page simply and quickly. Very important when you need to see kittens in a hurry.

They're good on a number of levels, from tiny nipper who's just starting to identify different images, to the older toddler who's expanding their vocabularly, to the 'I'm going to tell you a story about EVERYTHING' toddler who has a ready made story on every page.

Just don't jump in and buy the lot though - you might find that you've got enough info in a couple of books (e.g. first words and numbers) without going for the whole shebang. You can always get them later!
on 11 May 2009
I purchased this board book for my eldest son when he was 18 months old and he is now 2 1/2 and still enjoys looking through it and telling me all the different things that are on each page. The photos are brilliant and it has big tabs at the top of the book to easily turn the page.
I would recommend this book.
on 3 October 2009
This book was recommended to me by my daughter's nursery. It's the most read book there and she always picked it out to be shown. The nursery also use it to help them communicate with children as the pictures on various subjects (especially food etc) are great and when shown to your child, can help establish what they want (eg. milk). My daughter and I are working our way through the book and she's learning new words from it all the time. She's 20 months, but I'd recommend it from any age as it's easy to use and has good pictures in it for little ones to look through. I wouldn't be without it! I've also bought the relating "Numbers" book to this series to help with counting as the format of this book has really helped with adding words to my daughter's vocabulary.
on 11 September 2010
This is a brightly illustrated hard back book for babies to learn pictures and words. I brought this for my 7 month old and she loves to look and follow along with me with the pictures and words. There are categories like clothes, animals and foods.
It does well at capturing the attention of little ones.
on 28 March 2009
My tot loves this book, its very detailed having actual photo pictures of the objects and is english rather than some word books having american fire engines etc which is a bit confusing for a child. It goes everywhere with us the doctors, the car and he has learned alot from looking at it. Highly recommended for preschool age 1+
on 19 February 2012
An amazing book for my 18 month old who is very keen to play "where is this thing in the book?". This book almost covers the full universe of my toddler's knowledge: parts of body, clothes, furniture, pets, jungle and farm animals, transport, toys and food. What else do you want?
This is the second book in the series we have. The first one called Farm has also been a great hit for a few months now.
My toddler really enjoys leafing through this book, and pointing to different items she can name. The problem is that some of the photos in the book aren't really the best examples. For instance, a car is shown from the front (rather than the side). Ice cream is shown as a sundae, whereas most kids will have seen it in a bowl or cone. A boat is given the caption 'yacht' - really? Why is a cockerel shown, instead of the easier word 'chicken'?

The are nitpicks, really, but with a book like this, you are going to spend a *lot* of time showing your child the right words, so flaws like this really stand out.
on 29 July 2009
I have recently purchased this book for my 18 month old son and he LOVES it. It has such a good variety - a really excellent learning tool.
on 21 May 2009
This book is brilliant! Really good pictures - it quickly became my 13 month olds favourite book. Really really good.