5.0 out of 5 stars Total Value For Money
All the Dorling Kindersley books of this type share several features. They're bright, robust and cheerful:each page has a number of prompts so you're reminded what sorts of questions you can ask your children about the page. Each chunky tab helps bambino get to a specific page simply and quickly. Very important when you need to see kittens in a hurry.

They're...
Published on 15 July 2010 by J. Potts

3.0 out of 5 stars Robust book for +1
The quality of print is excellent. Can tolerate to be handled by my 14month old son. He has learnt quite a lot from the inspiring book.
However for the small lads i feel that the pages contain too much information which are not well classified.
Published on 22 Dec 2009 by M. O. Okumu

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Value For Money, 15 July 2010
J. Potts "Twiggy" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews

They're good on a number of levels, from tiny nipper who's just starting to identify different images, to the older toddler who's expanding their vocabularly, to the 'I'm going to tell you a story about EVERYTHING' toddler who has a ready made story on every page.

Just don't jump in and buy the lot though - you might find that you've got enough info in a couple of books (e.g. first words and numbers) without going for the whole shebang. You can always get them later!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic detail, 28 Mar 2009
L. Stansfield (Sowerby Bridge, England) - See all my reviews
My tot loves this book, its very detailed having actual photo pictures of the objects and is english rather than some word books having american fire engines etc which is a bit confusing for a child. It goes everywhere with us the doctors, the car and he has learned alot from looking at it. Highly recommended for preschool age 1+

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 19 Feb 2012
This review is from: My First Words Let's Get Talking (Board book)
An amazing book for my 18 month old who is very keen to play "where is this thing in the book?". This book almost covers the full universe of my toddler's knowledge: parts of body, clothes, furniture, pets, jungle and farm animals, transport, toys and food. What else do you want?
This is the second book in the series we have. The first one called Farm has also been a great hit for a few months now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 11 May 2009
L. Ruddle - See all my reviews
I purchased this board book for my eldest son when he was 18 months old and he is now 2 1/2 and still enjoys looking through it and telling me all the different things that are on each page. The photos are brilliant and it has big tabs at the top of the book to easily turn the page.
I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Words (book)., 11 Sep 2010
This is a brightly illustrated hard back book for babies to learn pictures and words. I brought this for my 7 month old and she loves to look and follow along with me with the pictures and words. There are categories like clothes, animals and foods.
It does well at capturing the attention of little ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 29 July 2009
Marge (London, England) - See all my reviews
I have recently purchased this book for my 18 month old son and he LOVES it. It has such a good variety - a really excellent learning tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first words book!, 21 May 2009
This book is brilliant! Really good pictures - it quickly became my 13 month olds favourite book. Really really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars My toddler's favorite book, 7 Aug 2014
S Berendes "Trixy B." (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First Words Let's Get Talking (Board book)
I bought this for my baby/toddler when she was about one year old and she still loves this book (at 1 1/2 years). It keeps her attention for quite a long time, as there are many different items to look at without being too overwhelming. The pictures also look very realistic not like those in some other books in which drawings are sometimes difficult to recognize.
The book is sorted according to different topics which are all quite interesting and relevant for a baby's/toddlers life. Initially, I would ask my child to point to different items/animals she could see on a page, and now I point to them and ask her to try to pronounce the words, which is very beneficial for her language development (also given that she is bilingual).

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book for teaching young toddlers, 26 July 2014
This review is from: My First Words Let's Get Talking (Board book)
This is a great book for teaching young toddlers. Sturdy and colourful with real photo pictures. Very well laid with a good variety of subjects to start out with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Aug 2009
Mrs. M. Cooke "Mell" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
I spent a lot of time looking at books of this type. This one has great colour photographs and the words used to describe the objects are current and appropriate. I like how the items are grouped and my 18 month old daughter loves it. Although she is not yet talking, she likes to point to the objects when we ask her where they are on the page and is very interested to know what the different things are called. I would definately recommend this book.

My First Words Let's Get Talking
My First Words Let's Get Talking by Kindersley Dorling (Board book - 22 Jan 2011)