on 21 November 2012
This book is supposed to be about four distinct cities. Sadly the top 10 lists cover all four areas simultaneously and not each individual city on it's own, so if are not going to three of the four cities the lists are pointless.

We were only going to Antwerp, so when we read the top 10 beer venues and 9 of the 10 are not in Antwerp, it's pretty pointless.

The book needs to be split up into a city by city guide so that you can find the top 10 things in the area you are.

Really disappointed by this as we've used top 10 books before and all have been very good.

we won't be buying any more "multiple venue" top 10 books.
on 20 April 2012
My husband and I just returned from a very successful trip to Belgium. Although the book was missing certain things (ie. Brussels Metro map...should really be in there), it was fine because we got a map from the Metro ourselves.
The information was easily set out and the pictures were great.
I sticky-noted in 3 different colours for each city....this was because information on Antwerp was all around the book; in the front under the top 10, in the middle with information about 'Other museums' and in the back for general city info.
I would recommend this book as it is small, concise and a great tool when traveling around!
on 30 August 2013
This was a good product considering we didn't look at anything to do before we got there. We followed this book quite religiously and had a great time. Easy to find the attractions as there are some useful maps in there although I would get a better map to navigate around. Good tips on what to do, although confusing layout so you would have to read it through as all the cities are mixed up.
on 11 November 2012
I bought this book because it was one of the view guides available in e-book format. Generally the guide is up to date and very helpful in finding out about the main tourist attractions and things to do. So if you have no idea on what to do, this is a great guide to start with.

However navigating it in e-book format is a nightmare.... it is organized always in top 10 things per city with various categories for each top 10, though also sometimes generally for the whole country, all a bit confusing + the maps are the back and not in the chapter which does not help. Put this in a an e-book format where you can't really earmark with post-its and it all becomes a bit hard to navigate.

If you take the time however to read through the whole thing it all starts to make sense and navigation naturally becomes easier. If you want to put together a tour on the spot in 30 minutes... good luck.
on 31 October 2012
Amazon is one of the cheapest retailers to sell this travel guide. As all the DK Eyewitness travel guides, they are small, light and compact enough to travel with (I carried this one around Belgium in my pocket) and hold great information on the top 10 places to see in each town with helpful hints and guides for the best ways to explore areas and admission charges at tourism sites. There is also a helpful foldout pokey map of the centre of each town and a useful hints and tips page at the back with info such as some language that will get you buy, local foods to try and things to avoid and watch out for such as pick pocketing etc.Overall a fab guide that I would recommend to all, happy travelling!
on 29 October 2012
The product turned up in good condition and within the delivery time set for it.
The product was just what I was looking for and enabled my traveling companions and I to find our way around all the important areas and sights of the city with ease.
Great tips on the best shops and places to eat, that saved us lots of money in what can be a very expensive city.
Its easy to read style, pictues and photo sets often dispensed with the need for a guide. The content is just right informative but not too in depth.
Easy to carry and store when not in use its great for a long weekend and any of the low-country cities listed
Paul
on 6 August 2013
I visit Brussels on a regular basis so will find this guide useful to take and easy to transport in my bag as opposed to carrying around the actual book.
on 31 August 2013
Had all of the information I wanted/needed. Very easy to use and great layout. I think DK are the best travel guides on the market.
on 10 November 2012
Whatever you think, do not buy the Kindle version. The book goes from city to city and back again. So museums are all together, then churches. There is no logically pattern. If you are in Brugge (as Kindle is back page by page), you cannot easily find what you are looking for. Was hoping that each city had a section of its own, so could read through and follow, but NO.
on 29 June 2013
Bought because I have visited all these cities, and it is always interesting to have a different viewpoint and somewhere different to go on the next and subsequent visits. DK Guides always offer consise and interesting information and this one is no different. As with the Bangkok and Cyprus guides this is a Kindle version, ideal for travelling.