4.0 out of 5 stars Good little book
Found this book to be useful and informative on places to visit but with so many areas covered, a little bit was lost on indepth info for each area.
Published on 17 July 2012 by greenybum

3.0 out of 5 stars DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Dordogne, Bordeaux & the Southwest Coast
The travel guide is of the usual high quality and user friendly as expected from Eyewitness guides but this one covers too wide an area and lacks comprehensive coverage of towns and hilltop villages as I would expect(as do other guides for this region). I have yet to find a good guide for the Lot Region.
Published 23 months ago by holstenkid

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite brand of guide books, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Dordogne, Bordeaux & the Southwest Coast (Paperback)
I like the 3-D pictures of towns and buildings. I like to know what I am looking for before I arrive - then I don't miss anything!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent guide, 24 July 2013
very useful and informative , maps and guides very good and good value for money .A quality publication ,Excellent reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected it to be., 27 Jun 2013
It gives you the headlines of the different towns and villages - nothing you won't find out from a tourist office or by just walking round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job!, 24 May 2013
Met expectations and we used it extensively. Would recommend purchasing this if you need a colourful comprehensive guide to this area.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor, 18 April 2013
helen Wilcox - See all my reviews
too little information on any one area. I decided to return this book as I think there is more information by searching on the net.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Reliable, 16 Oct 2013
DK Travel guides are comprehensive and informative, we have tried several alternatives but DK are consistently the best and we will continue to use them wherever we travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guidebook, 5 May 2013
Mr. R. Brown (Croydon, South London, England) - See all my reviews
I have never before visited South West France and this guidebook gives me stacks of information about the area and where to visit etc. I am looking forward to using it during next September's holiday in Aquitaine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too castle-focused, 11 Aug 2013
For us as a family the book focusses too much on old towns, castles, houses, etc. Not enough action for children. Pictures are boring. Might sell it on as we had yo cancel holiday due to illness, so this impression is only on a 'before read up on area' view.

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Dordogne, Bordeaux & the Southwest Coast