5.0 out of 5 stars DK Austria
First off - I must admit to loving the DK guides. I love the format, layout and the excellent illustrations. I usually update the guides for the places I go to fairly regularly.

Published 23 months ago by Adrian J. White

3.0 out of 5 stars Not detailed enough for my use
I wanted something that focused more closely to the specific area I was visiting whereas this book, although good and comprehensive, didn't give me enough local information.
Published on 13 Jan. 2013 by BBdeedee

5.0 out of 5 stars DK Austria, 30 Mar. 2013
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Austria (Paperback)

The Austria guide is another that I like. My wife and I are driving to Austria this year and driving around the country (as well as Hungary). This book has given us a number of places that are going in the itinerary (and Satnav!). I'm not saying that its perfect, and I know that others prefer - eg the Lonely Planet guides, but certainly, this book has given us all that we require of an Austria guide (together with the Vienna one) to enable us to plan our holiday in happy anticipation! Can't really ask more of it! Also - the price on Amazon is far cheaper than elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not detailed enough for my use, 13 Jan. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars DK Eyewitness Austria, 27 Jun. 2012
M. Stonitsch (Wolverhampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Austria (Paperback)
I ordered this book to go with others on my bookshelf. These guide books are great because the format is easy to negotiate and the photographs identify the buildings easily. It is full of accurate information and, as I am something of an armchair traveller now, I am very pleased with it. Once again, I have had no issues with the seller - the book arrived promptly and as described.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lot of great information!, 7 Mar. 2013
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Austria (Paperback)
Showed me where everything is and included maps so I knew how to get there. The only draw back, it didn't make me aware that the speed limit changes if you see a sign with the name of the village. Lots of great pictures to help with my decisions of where to go, where to eat, even recommendations on what to eat. Great book!! Would recommend!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic guide, 10 July 2013
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Austria (Paperback)
These eye witness guides are well illustrated. However they are too factual about history and architecture; and don't give an ambiance about the places to visit. Are the towns peaceful or very busy. Are they scenic, have they got nice cafe and restaurants. Good parking facilities or transport links.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good Guide, 7 Jun. 2014
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Austria (Paperback)
I purchased this guide second hand, and whilst it is good if your holiday is concentrating on Vienna, it is a bit skimpy on some of the rest of the country.

5.0 out of 5 stars DK does it again, 9 May 2014
Drumdoolaghty (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Austria (Paperback)
Another excellent publication from the DK stable. I have guide books on several countries from DK and each one is a valuable source and a pleasure to own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 23 Aug. 2013
A. G. L. Williams (ashington england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Austria (Paperback)
Like all DK guides. a thoroughly adequate guide to all you need to know--though on this occasion I thought the maps could have been better

5.0 out of 5 stars Guide Book for Austria, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Austria (Paperback)
Extremely useful for the whole of Austria and very informative. The illustrations and plans of streets in towns are brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars very informative, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Austria (Paperback)
a great book for getting info on austria, and wonderfully colourful pictures. A worthy addition to my back pack contents

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Austria
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Austria by Collectif (Paperback - 1 May 2012)
Used & New from: £3.46