Format: HardcoverChange

on 4 November 2013
I love this book! The book itself is a good size and, because it is a hardback, it is easy to position to read while working on the recipes. As for the recipes themselves, this is just my sort of food - wonderfully tasty food which doesn't need you standing over the stove, watching pots and timing everything. The variety of dishes is excellent and if, like me, you're not a hugely confident cook then the instructions on how to prepare meats, vegetables and spices and the explanations of cooking methods is invaluable.
on 30 March 2013
As a newbie to slow cooking I love the way this book starts with all the basics, not only about slow cooking, but also about slow cookers themselves. The recipes are easy to follow and well categorised for beef, pork, veggie etc. plus stews, casseroles, tagines etc.
The recipes also have the more traditional methods of cooking the meals in a casserole or stock pot in a conventional oven.
Brilliant photographs for many meals.
on 30 October 2014
Excellent book bought for my 70 year old mum for her birthday this year! I have this book and she had borrowed mine so often that I bought her one for herself! This is the most used book in my recipe book collection as it not only gives you the slow cooker recipe but also the conventional oven method too! I would be lost without this book as it has such delicious recipes that I use time and time again! Definitely a must for all slow cooker owners! Recommended to everyone!
on 21 December 2013
Ideal if you are a slow cooker "virgin" as it gives cooking methods for hob/oven as well. Some easy to prepare recipes and all the ones I have made so far have been great. Definitely recommended
on 25 November 2014
i have lots of cook books i never cook from but this is one I have found to be packed with lovely dishes and used on a regular basis. I love it that much I'm going to buy my father inlaw one for xmas.
on 31 December 2013
Excellent layout ,very good basic information for someone new to slow cooking. Varied recipes good explanations and fantastic color photoes. Recomend
on 25 January 2014
Have had a slow cooker for years, but never a recipe book. This one is great with good concise recipes and I like the way it gives instructions for both the slow cooker and the conventional cooker.
on 12 October 2011
I bought this recipe book to accompany the slow cooker I was trying for the first time. It has a massive selection of recipes, and each recipe gives instructions for preparation in a slow cooker or on a normal hob/oven. I have made about 6 things from this book. Five have been amazing, but one was truly awful - I did follow the recipe to the letter but something somewhere didn't work. I have given it 4 instead of 5 stars for this reason, but on the whole this is the best slow cooker recipe book I have seen (and I have looked at quite a few!)
11 comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 August 2015
I love this book and have bought it as presents for other people, who also give good feedback. I particularly like that it gives the recipes for use with a slow cooker but also if you want to make them the traditional way eg on the hob/oven if, for example, like me you sometimes forget to turn your slow cooker on...
REally good recipes that all seem to work well.
on 13 May 2013
My girlfriend got a slow cooker bought as a gift so I thought that this would be a perfect gift to go alongside it. We have already done 4 of the recepies within the first month and have loads more we want to try. Some cook books usually only have a handful of good recepies but this book has loads! It has a good variety as well