4.0 out of 5 stars RHS How to Garden (P/b edition) Bargain!
This is my second review for Amazon, and I am pleased to say that it is a very useful, well-written book, exactly as it says on the cover: a practical Introduction to Gardening. Like all Dorling Kindersley books, it is easy to read, well-designed and well-produced (even for a paperback); I can not understand why there is no preview on the website.

The easiest...
Published on 5 Mar. 2012 by Brian in Skipton

2.0 out of 5 stars It really is a bit basic
Not that great really- pretty simplistic, and even as someone with a fairly basic knowledge I was expecting much more.
Published 12 months ago by SR

4.0 out of 5 stars RHS How to Garden (P/b edition) Bargain!, 5 Mar. 2012
This review is from: RHS How to Garden: A Practical Introduction to Gardening (Paperback)

The easiest way to summarise the book is to list the Table of Contents:

1. The Garden You Want
13. Containers
14. Tools & Techniques
15. Garden Doctor
16. Garden Year Planner

The book includes plant selections in each category, but there is nothing about growing fruit and vegetables (it suits me). However, I would like a chapter on garden planning (not design) and I think the last chapter should be more comprehensive. Despite the title, this is not a "Mickey Mouse" book, and is a useful reference for all gardeners.

4.0 out of 5 stars RHS How to Garden, 30 Dec. 2011
Just the job as a gift to a beginner. It is an introduction, just as it says on the cover, and anyone with experience would know most of it. But it will give a sound grounding in "good practice", and allow practice to make perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great practical book, 26 May 2013
I've been looking for a good "how to" book for ages and hadn't seen what I liked the look of until I saw this book. It's simply written and has good illustrative pictures. Easy to follow instructions, which gives one the confidence to jump in and try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all round book, 16 May 2012
Bought for my husband who has decided to finally take up gardening other than just mowing the lawn! Excellent all round book with food basic knowledge in an easy to understand format. Being the RHS as well the book is if a very high quality too.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book for beginners !, 15 April 2015
Great book for beginners like me ! I had lots of questions when i start making my first border in the garden and i found all the aswers in this book.including to tools you need so you don't go crazy buying to much.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a lovely book!, 17 Oct. 2012
Its got everything you need for gardening! I bought this for my mom she really loved it! There are plenty pictures and tips

2.0 out of 5 stars It really is a bit basic, 9 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Gardening, 15 Jun. 2013
Both my husband and I found this book very helpful and good for advice.Very good for a beginner to gardening.

5.0 out of 5 stars RHS How to Garden, 8 July 2012
An excellent book for someone like myself who has a very limited knowledge of gardening. Book contains extremely helpful and useful information. Easily the best gardening book which I've ever seen. In the past I've often found that gardening books don't provide enough basic details and guidance. I'm loooking forward to expanding my gardening knowledge with the help of this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 4 Sept. 2014
Doesnt give the information that I was hoping for.

RHS How to Garden: A Practical Introduction to Gardening