Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 May 2012
I bought this book because I had a fat quarter bundle of fabric that I didn't quite know what to do with! Unlike many of my best laid plans, this is actually taking shape!

This book takes you through the basics, slowly leading up to more advanced techniques, tells you all about equipment, different techniques (each part shows you how to do things a number of different ways using both hand and machine sewing). Being dyspraxic I often find it hard to teach myself anything from a book and other craft books have left me confused with unclear diagrams and overly complicated instructions. Not this book! Everything is set out clearly, with nice photographs, and simple step by step instructions. It's also not afraid to repeat itself, and often will show a technique in more than one section of the book, which I think is great because it can be so hard to have to flick from one section to another to try and finish part of a project.

I've shown this book to friends and had to refuse to loan it to them because I use it so much!!! If you're thinking about buying a quilting book, whether you're a new learner or an old hand, I'd recommend this one hands down!
on 29 July 2012
I bought this book to know the tips and the common patterns of classic patchwork, and I found it very useful. The text and the photos are very clear, and it shows all the steps to follow to make a quilt.
on 18 March 2013
I recently started quilting and bought this book, details everything from threading a needle to double blind binding, great tool for new quilters but also experienced quilters who may need inspiration as it details how to create your own patterns!
on 22 May 2013
A super and very clear book. Suitable for those new to quilting or to the more experienced as a reference guide.
This book can be used as a cover to cover workbook or as a reference guide.
on 22 May 2013
Very good book - am new to quilting so instructions have to be easy to follow and they were. Have made a beautiful quilt.
on 18 February 2013
I have just begun quilting and this is an excellent guide for all aspects of this skill. Easy to understand.I already had a copy and this was purchased for a friend
on 19 March 2012
Bought this book for my wife, a quilting beginner, who found it very informative, easy to read with good, clear instructions.
on 1 May 2013
Brilliant. Clear, concise, yet covers everything a beginner or just above needs to know. Provides the knowledge that others assume you have!
on 31 March 2014
This is a great book for someone coming back to quilting after a very, very long time. I first found it via my local library, but found it so useful, I ordered a copy for keeps. The written instructions are concise but comprehensive. The illustrations are clear and helpful. As the title implies, It doesn't assume experience of techniques, but has such a broad range, you'd have to be a very experienced quilter not to pick something new up from it. Highly recommended.
on 22 September 2013
If you are like me and need to see how things are done then this is the book for you! Every page describes the next step to take and backs it up with pictures. A truly informative book.