‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 Jan. 2014
Pickle "Branston" (Leighton Buzzard Beds) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knit Step by Step (Hardcover)
This is a great little book.
I have lots of knitting books , this is nice and clear good pictures and in plain English.
Not suitable, in my opinion, for somebody who wants to learn to knit I would suggest, Usbornes How to Knit for absolute beginners, followed by DK's A Little Course in Knitting followed by this one, some of the techniques shown in this book are also in A Little Course of Knitting. Great projects. I will be buying this for a friend as she gets more & more experienced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant handbook, only 3-99 for a hardback copy at Aldi!, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Knit Step by Step (Hardcover)
Excellent for techniques and stitch patterns, it covers the very basic things like how to do a knit stitch and a purl stitch, going up to more complicated techniques, all made easy-to-understand with the clear colour photographs throughout. It also covers things like how to sew a zip into a knitted garment, how to do Fair Isle knitting, and also a small stitch library.

I bought my copy from Aldi, they routinely have them in their SpecialBuys, and are a much better price as well, at just 3-99 a copy. They're the real thing as well, I have the Crochet, Sew and Knit versions and all are the latest (2014) editions. Worth keeping in mind if you have an Aldi local to you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of information., 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Knit Step by Step (Hardcover)
I have been knitting since I was 5.and this book has things that are new and very inspiring, there is a lot that I can learn. This too, is a very good book for new knitters, it has good information about yarns and other equipment needed, how to get started and finish off ,and everything in between. Really worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knit Step by Step, 6 Nov. 2012
Mrs. Merryl P. Drake (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knit Step by Step (Hardcover)
A very informative book, and I look forward to progressing with it. It is so good that I ordered this copy for a friend who is quite an experienced knitter. For her Christmas present. I got my copy very, very cheaply in Aldi, and it was the last one, so I found this copy on Amazon for her. Not as cheap as the Aldi copy, but cheaper than the original!!

5.0 out of 5 stars knitting made eary, 20 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Knit Step by Step (Hardcover)
excellent knitting book I rate myself as quite a good knitter but there is much more inside this book showing details of techniques you never thought you would need

5.0 out of 5 stars A very Useful Manual, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Knit Step by Step (Hardcover)
I have recently returned to knitting after a number of years and have found this book extremely useful, with easy to follow instructions and illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy, 17 Mar. 2014
Mary M. Gallagher "happy shopper" (northern ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knit Step by Step (Hardcover)
i am very happy with this book it is so simple and i have used it alot for references when i am stuck with my knitting well done

4.0 out of 5 stars Knit step by step - Vikki Haffenden, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Knit Step by Step (Hardcover)
A very informative book, well written and well presented. The instructions are clear and concise and there are plenty of pictures which greatly help. There are also lots of projects to try out.
its a good sturdy, quality book which Im sure will prove hardwaring.
I would certainly recommend this book to anybody who wishes to learn how to knit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great find!, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Knit Step by Step (Hardcover)
Due to neuro surgery 8 years ago, I had nerve damage to my fingers and my knitting has been put to one side. Only recently have I been able to pick it up again but have had to re-learn many of the more complicated stitches and patterns. I have found this book very helpful and simple to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Knit Step by Step (Hardcover)
I borrowed this book from my local library and just had to buy my own copy straightaway. I've been knitting for years, but I've learnt some new techniques from this book. The instructions are clear and well laid out. I'm enjoying working my way through it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Knit Step by Step
Knit Step by Step by Vikki Haffenden (Hardcover - 1 Aug. 2012)