on 18 July 2010
Excellent quality book, full of useful information. Liberally supplied with colour illustrations. In my case, having been for my holiday to Kenya before purchasing the item, it was an great reminder of where I had been, with added detail. Take my advice, buy this volume before you go.
on 9 August 2012
Excellent book containing all the information that you would need for your visit to Kenya. Have purchased dk book previously from Amazon and found service and price unbeatable.

The biggest drawback with this book is that you read it before your holiday and see all the fantastick places and get all the information unfortunately you only manage to cover about 4 pages within a fortnight will have to go again to get our monies worth out of the book,
on 5 November 2010
I bought this book on returning from a Kenyan safari. This was recommended to me whilst on safari. This book was invaluable in identifying all of the animals we had seen on safari. The pictures and descriptions were very detailed. I thought this book was a bargain and am really glad that I purchased this. It arrived very quickly and in a good condition.
on 13 May 2012
We are going to Kenya in two months for our honeymoon and already have a couple of good books on Kenya, but decided to buy this one as well. Last year we went to New York, and despite having several New York books, we tended to use the Dorling Kindersley one the most. So, as soon as we saw there was a Kenya one, we knew we had to buy this one as well. Having looked through it, I know this is the one we will use the most as well. The other books we have also have the same sort of content, so I don't know what it is about the DK Eyewitness Guides that make them that much better. Maybe it is the familiar style in which they are all written and set out. I know that everything we will need is covered in this book though and we look forward to using it regularly while we are on safari and in Mombasa!
on 13 February 2011
This is an excellent book. It's colourful and glossy as well as extremely informative. The field guide section is really good with lots of details about each animal - and there are lots of animals listed. If there is a downside to it, it's that it doesn't give you the budget accommodation options (like campsites) but I also bought the Lonely Planet to Kenya and this does give you those options however the field guide in the Lonely Planet is pretty useless.
on 25 August 2011
A fabulous little book. I loved it. I am reading it before I go to Kenya next year on holiday and I can't put it down. It is very informative with lots of colour pictures of animals, plants, reptiles and birds and descriptions were very detailed. Its a brilliant guide, well researched and extremely helpful, especially for someone like me who is just sarting out with safari holidays. It will definately be the first thing in my suitcase!
on 12 April 2011
Having visited Kenya on several occasions, this is a superb find and would have been extremely useful had it been available for my previous visits. It is an exceptional guide, well researched and extremely helpful to anyone setting out on safari and taking in a visit to the coast as a combined trip. Lots of advice on how to behave on all kinds of safaris. Thanks to DK.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 January 2012
How we wish we had this book when we were on holiday in Kenya last December. This book contains a huge amount of information
on the country,travellers needs,survival guide, maps and of course the animals. We are going back to Kenya this year and the book will go with us.
It is a MUST.
on 3 October 2013
Have bought several of these guides for places I've been too and find them by far the best and reasonably priced on amazon. Also know tour leaders for escorted holidays who use them. Give lots of useful, practical and background information.
on 2 September 2013
Great book. I have quite a few in the series as they provide a great deal of info with lots of pics. I hate wading through reams of text that you get in other guides. Plenty of pages about the wildlife as well as the top safari locations.