Format: Board book|Change

on 20 April 2008
With the many books on the market aiming to help our young ones learn their colours, which is the best? An impossible question to answer, but this book from the excellent Dorling Kindersley range really helped our young lad, at about age 2 to 3.

This is a wonderful starting point for your young one(s)to discover the world of colour. There is no ambiguity with this book, as all colours are easily identifiable, with even a "multicolour" double page at the end. As this is a board book, it is pretty robust as well.

No pressure - just let the kiddies enjoy the book, and everything will come in its own time.
on 24 January 2010
fantastic for my 6 month grandson. sturdy board book for this age and superb illustrations. he shows great interest and really listens when I show and tell each colour. each colour has a full 2 page spread of one item, eg, a red fire engine, then the next 2 page spread has many red items,such as,poppy,cherries,ladybird, red shoes,etc, and so on for each colour. very much recommend this book.
on 28 August 2013
Bought this book to start a bedtime routine with my very alert 4 week old baby.....my husband chose this book whereas I wanted something bigger and more colourful, we bought both types and while he loves looking at the bigger book, this is by far his favourite!!! He loves looking at the pictures and we talk to him about each picture, we also bought the abc version of this book but at the moment when we try to read that one he just moans until we look at the colour one again :)

A very worthwhile purchase that will be useful for quite some time :)
on 4 November 2012
I have been a registered childminder for many years and this is the second of this book I have purchased the first having started after much use to look a little the worse for wear. It is well made , beautifully illustrated and all the children I have had the pleasure to look after have spent hours with me looking at it and learning the colours and objects.
on 14 May 2014
This book along with 2 other My First's were bought for my 2yr old Great nieces birthday. Although she cannot read yet she loved the pictures and bright colours and is learning to recognise all the things in it. Well made and educational
on 30 November 2014
These books are absolutely fantastic for babies and toddlers learning about the world - lovely photos, much better than hand-drawn pictures, and the right number on each page to hold their interest.
on 26 September 2013
My little one loves this book, it is helping her with learning the colours of every day items in the home and outside.
Very well illustrated and plenty if items in it.
on 11 July 2011
another excellent product from the dorling kindersley 'my first' series.
fabulous pictures, nice sized, chunky book with surprisingly more pages than you would expect
on 4 January 2015
Great book and my toddler loves it . The only slight minus is that I was expecting the same format as the 'words' and 'numbers' books in the series which he adores.
on 21 January 2012
Great for my 2.5 yr old who is still learning, and forgetting colours, this book is a great refresher while teaching him other colours not yet learned.