5.0 out of 5 stars Vibrant and eye catching..., 20 April 2008
J. Taylor "Bridgend Raven" (Bridgend, Mid Glamorgan United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
With the many books on the market aiming to help our young ones learn their colours, which is the best? An impossible question to answer, but this book from the excellent Dorling Kindersley range really helped our young lad, at about age 2 to 3.

This is a wonderful starting point for your young one(s)to discover the world of colour. There is no ambiguity with this book, as all colours are easily identifiable, with even a "multicolour" double page at the end. As this is a board book, it is pretty robust as well.

No pressure - just let the kiddies enjoy the book, and everything will come in its own time.

5.0 out of 5 stars my first colours board book, 24 Jan 2010
fantastic for my 6 month grandson. sturdy board book for this age and superb illustrations. he shows great interest and really listens when I show and tell each colour. each colour has a full 2 page spread of one item, eg, a red fire engine, then the next 2 page spread has many red items,such as,poppy,cherries,ladybird, red shoes,etc, and so on for each colour. very much recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 4 July 2014
Great book with lovely pictures. Enabled lots of interaction and discussion with my 2 and a half year old. Worked well as an e-book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
Great book. Vibrant and clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Colours (My First Board Book) (Board book)
This book along with 2 other My First's were bought for my 2yr old Great nieces birthday. Although she cannot read yet she loved the pictures and bright colours and is learning to recognise all the things in it. Well made and educational

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start!, 17 Feb 2014
I think this book is great because it uses very clear illustrations to show the basic colours. I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainbow colours, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: Colours (My First Board Book) (Board book)
My little one loves this book, it is helping her with learning the colours of every day items in the home and outside.
Very well illustrated and plenty if items in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby's First book, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Colours (My First Board Book) (Board book)
Bought this book to start a bedtime routine with my very alert 4 week old baby.....my husband chose this book whereas I wanted something bigger and more colourful, we bought both types and while he loves looking at the bigger book, this is by far his favourite!!! He loves looking at the pictures and we talk to him about each picture, we also bought the abc version of this book but at the moment when we try to read that one he just moans until we look at the colour one again :)

A very worthwhile purchase that will be useful for quite some time :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first baby book, 4 Nov 2012
This review is from: Colours (My First Board Book) (Board book)
I have been a registered childminder for many years and this is the second of this book I have purchased the first having started after much use to look a little the worse for wear. It is well made , beautifully illustrated and all the children I have had the pleasure to look after have spent hours with me looking at it and learning the colours and objects.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book for teaching and refreshing learning with colours, 21 Jan 2012
This review is from: Colours (My First Board Book) (Board book)
Great for my 2.5 yr old who is still learning, and forgetting colours, this book is a great refresher while teaching him other colours not yet learned.

Colours (My First Board Book)
Colours (My First Board Book) by DK (Board book - 2 Aug 2010)
3.99