‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know about choosing, prepping and cooking fish, 21 Nov 2011
This review is from: Fish Cookbook (Hardcover)
In general we (myself included) do not eat enough fish. Personally I do not like prepping them, and am slightly phobic about getting a bone stuck in my throat. This book should provide fish inspiration for everyone. It covers all aspect of fish cookery, how to choose, store and cook with over 300 recipes. As you would expect from DK presentation is key and tip top in quality. The book is laid out and for me the selling point is the techniques section with advice on how to prepare and fillet all types of fish and sea food. For those that do not know their cod from their coley or hake from herring there is a fantastic fish gallery. Scattered throughout the book is loads of information on sustainability so you can enjoy your fish with a clear conscience. Perfect for anyone who likes fish and wants to learn to cook it to the more experienced cook this weight book covers everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Complete Guide, 10 Mar 2012
This review is from: Fish Cookbook (Hardcover)
This has to be without doubt the most comprehensive guide to popular fish of the world and recipes to keep them appealing. Split into three sections - Recipes, Techniques, Fish Gallery - the reader is provided with an excellent resource to continually refer too. Sustainability is covered in a simple and not overbearing manner and whilst the book is clearly written from a UK base, other species over also given due consideration. The recipes are enthralling and the pictures are fantastic. Well worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 30 May 2011
This review is from: Fish Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is a fantastic book. It covers everything from choosing fresh fish to preparing it and finally cooking it. I enjoyed the section on sustainable fish. The only problem with this book is that there are so many delicious recipes that its hard to choose what to make next. This really is the only Fish Cook Book you will ever need. Fish Cookbook

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: Fish Cookbook (Hardcover)
Perfect book. Lists all the details needed for fish; buying, cleaning, filleting etc & cooking. Clear good recipes and photographs.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book!, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Fish Cookbook (Hardcover)
Bought this for my Mum's birthday, and it was so good that I ordered a copy for me as well! Gives hundreds of recipe ideas, as well as the basics of how to prepare the fish. Not full of weird ingredients that you've never heard of! I've only just become a fish eater, and this book has totally inspired me to try new ideas, with plenty of variations. Should keep me going for years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and great presentation, 23 Jun 2013
Jillian (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fish Cookbook (Hardcover)
I bought this for more ideas on how too cook fish I'm familiar with but also to try other fish I haven't cooked before. This book covers everything you could possibly need to know about any type of fish, including questions to ask your fishmonger about sustainability of the fish your buying, how to prepare various types of fish, tools you will need and a huge range of recipes. The book is beautifully laid out and recipes clearly described. Each recipe is for a particular type of fish but it lists other types of fish it would also work well with. The recipes are not too complicated but every one I've tried so far has been big on flavour. I would definitely recommend this book, regardless of your experience or skills with fish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fish Cookbook, 25 May 2012
Mr. Ivan Zacharak (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fish Cookbook (Hardcover)
My husband bought me this cookbook for my birthday last year and I found it to be one of the best books of its kind that I have used - mind you Dorling Kindersley always seem to come up with the goods. It is my friend's birthday soon and I could not think of a better gift for her as she is an avid cook and she and her husband eat a lot of fish.

5.0 out of 5 stars FISH COOKBOOK, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Fish Cookbook (Hardcover)
This book was for an elderly friend who enjoys both fish as part of a meal and cooking in general.

Having seen him subsequently, it is obvious that the book has been very well received, hence the maximum rating awarded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fish Cookbook, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Fish Cookbook (Hardcover)
Good fish books are hard to find, particularly at a reasonable price. I got this for a friend who I recently bought a mussel pot for and I wanted some good mussels recipes for him to try out. Being a Dorling Kindersley book I had high expectations and I have not been disappointed. It's well presented with a good mix of both classic and contemporary recipes. I think he's going to love it for Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Caught a real bargain, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Fish Cookbook (Hardcover)
Fantastic book for the fish loving cooks, great recipes and techniques all in a well designed package. Excellent value also so quite a catch !!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Fish Cookbook
Fish Cookbook by DK (Hardcover - 2 May 2011)