5.0 out of 5 stars What makes me me, 16 Feb 2009
C. Winfield "Cazza" (Maldon, Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What Makes Me Me? (Hardcover)
Bought it for my daughter as an interesting Christmas present and she could not put it down reading out facts that even I was unaware of.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best body book, 2 Feb 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: What Makes Me Me? (Hardcover)
This book is very good. It helps you learn about the body plus it has quizzes!
Caoilin, aged 7

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun interesting book........., 10 Dec 2009
This review is from: What Makes Me Me? (Hardcover)
What makes me, me? A very interesting question, and one that is explored, mainly from a physical biology point of view......

It begins with elements that we are made of, with a bowl of what we are made of,
then it explains how and why it's not as easy as mixing some elements in a bowl..........

and from there we see the cells, and the body parts and so on,
and learn about DNA, and genetic inheiritance, our differences etc
and more.......

my son likes the idea of creating a body! he even got various elements together, saying, carbon from a pencil etc, in a bowl, and then we saw first hand how just mixing them together doesn't work- and of the infinite complexities of a human body,which when we look at it in the way this book does, quite a miracle that it exists - to gain all these various elements, but them together in a trillion piece 3d jigsaws of cells, put the cells into body parts, and the body parts into the body, and even then, there is more to it......

It doesn't exactly answer the whole question of 'what makes me me', in the spiritual sense, which may warrant another book altogether, but it is an interesting look at what makes me me in the biological/chemistry sense.....

i'm not sure whether to give it four or five stars really, as i think it doesn't fully answer the question in that way, but its worth 5 stars for the excellent information on the side that it does give, and its presented in an easy to understand way, the layout is appealing to look at, which photos, picutures on each page with the writing spaced out amongst the pictures and interesting backgrounds, if all science books were like this at school, i'd probably have learned a lot more!

OK, I'll give it 5 stars then, for what my opinion is worth! It will be interesting to see if the other books is the series are as good. 'What makes me' compares with Richard Hammonds 'Feel the Force' which is another excellent science book that, like this book, is also interesting and colourful to look at, as well as to read, with facts that can have adults and children alike going 'oo, i didn't know that!' (and suchlike!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: What Makes Me Me? (Paperback)
Bought this book for my Nephew for Xmas - sat and read it myself and have decided to order another one for my own daughter. Def recommend it for those children with inquisitive minds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for inquisitive kids, 22 May 2014
This review is from: What Makes Me Me? (Paperback)
Gave this to a 9-yo as a birthday gift. It was great for him, although he read it all in one evening. Great except for the too cheekily written male-female brain and traits section that provoked the feminist me way too much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun book to read., 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: What Makes Me Me? (Paperback)
This was a very good book. Enjoyed learning how the body works and what it is made of. Also the pictures help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for inquisitive child - with things to do., 20 Feb 2014
A Nesbitt (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What Makes Me Me? (Paperback)
Lots of great information and interactive things to do - anyone want to know their personality type ? He will be coming back to this for years

5.0 out of 5 stars Great doorway to world of human biology, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: What Makes Me Me? (Paperback)
Bought this book for my 10 year old daughter for Christmas, she absolutely loves it. Content is easy to understand, filled with fascinating facts and illustrations. The book seem to have ignited in my daughter a fascination for science.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative book, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: What Makes Me Me? (Paperback)
Lots of information to find out about what makes me me? Easy to read and ideal for children and young adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: What Makes Me Me? (Paperback)
It really is a lovely, informative book which has been really well thought through and is beautifully presented. I bought it for my Grandsons but haven't given it to them yet, not until I have finished looking at it!!

What Makes Me Me?
What Makes Me Me? by Robert Winston (Paperback - 1 July 2010)
7.16