on 16 January 2011
I bought this book for Christmas for my 12-years-old grandson who thought it was great. Reading over his shoulder, I concluded I should have ordered a copy for myself as well, and may do so for my impending 78th birthday.
on 21 August 2011
Bought this for my son who loves it so much we have since given 3 more copies to his friends as birthday gifts, their Mums' have all commented how much they enjoy it. The book presents information and statistics about many aspects of our world in a dizzying variety of graphical ways which introduce readers to the many different ways you can interpret information whilst being an engaging read. So far we were most surprised to find that USA is not the country with the highest proportion of obesity, but you'll have to read the book to find out the 5 countries with higher levels than the US! Thoroughly recommended.
on 27 February 2011
Though this was intended for my son - there are a lot of quirky facts on a variety of global topics biggest/smallest country , happiness index , state of the world ,political systems with plenty of graphics and illustrations- there is a distinct bias to include China in almost every topic and a little less coverage of the other countries - will have an extensive read first.

Like many other dk books - while this is aimed at the school going kid - enough in it to arouse the curiosity of adults - highly recommended to buy
on 12 June 2014
My child loved it!
Because it was easy to read and had lodes of pictures!

I would go for this book if I were you!
on 11 February 2015