5.0 out of 5 stars Plain English
Published on 6 Sep 2010 by Janet D

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad
i bought this as i have relatives that are portguese but it does not tell you how to pronounce the words so i think you need to be it bit more advanced than i am, so back to the drawing board
Published 17 months ago by shropshirelass

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Plain English, 6 Sep 2010
This review is from: Portuguese-English Visual Bilingual Dictionary (DK Bilingual Dictionaries) (Paperback)
I teach Geography at a South London secondary school; many of my students are from overseas and so have little or no knowledge of the English language. I have therefore accumulated, over the years, a wide range of bi-lingual dictionaries for such students to use within my classroom, and this dictionary has been a welcome addition. The students find it easy to access the information, the pages are clearly set out, the type of words are those one would encounter on a daily basis (obviously, I would love to have more geographical terms and keywords, but that would be an unrealistic expectation!), the images serve to appropriately support the text and the format of the pages is not too confusing or fussy. The students can work on a basic theme that I set them, with some input from me throughout the lesson and, as a result, expand their English language as well as feel an integral member of the working classroom environment. I am sure that it would also be a very handy reference book for anyone in the early/middle stages of learning Portuguese.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, 12 Jan 2011
This dictionary is a breath of fresh air-no more thumbing through bible-like paper pages of tiny print to aimlessly try to find the words needed in a hurry, now I can just look for the subject matter, find the picture, & BAM!!!

Putting this dictionary to it's first test-run in Portugal in 2 weeks!

I can only highly recommend this to anyone who has struggles with dictionaries & learning language before-it is well worth the money!

6 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 July 2012
The portuguese written in this book is from Portugal, so some words may differ from Brazil.
Lovely book with excellent pictures.
Many subject are shown.
Perfect, I bought 2 !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars learning, 19 Dec 2013
learning Portugese great book if a bit smaller than expected very help full to have a visual dictionary arrived safely

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 July 2013
I chose this particular dictionary because I am learning Portuguese, and it is so easy to find the words I need. Ideal to help you learn. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dictionary, 16 Jun 2013
I recommend this to anyone trying to learn the language as it is a real visual aid and well laid out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, 30 April 2013
I love this dictionary, it couldn't be easier to use, and it's a wonderful vocab-booster every language student needs. It helped me a lot in broadening my vocabulary knowledge, both basic and advanced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Mar 2013
I found this book absolutely brilliant. We have been living in Portugal for six months now and this book has come in very handy. We have lessons weekly but obviously the language is pretty difficult, but this book has helped us considerably. I would certainly recommend it to anyone, even if you are only visiting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dictionary, 24 Feb 2013
These books are fantastic and we bought the English/portuguese for our selves years ago when we bought a house in Portugal. This example we gave to one of the shop owners and she use it all the time. She has shown it to all the customers and is so proud to have it. Actual pictures doees is easy to find and understand the words.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 1 Feb 2013