5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for potty training
Published on 11 Nov. 2010 by Knitwitted

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
This book is ok. The fact that I can't really remember it says it all. There's nothing wrong with it but there are better books out there (Pirate Pete's Potty for instance) and my son wasn't really interested in this... Sorry!
Published on 29 July 2012 by Jessysutay

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for potty training, 11 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Boys' Potty Time (Dk) (Board book)
I bought this book and the girl's version because I have twins. Both have been a massive hit. The text and pictures are really attractive and pretty much every eventuality is covered. My only concern was that some pages have soft toys sitting on potties and I thought this might result in a lot of toy washing! However, it hasn't, the children LOVE the books and can recite them off by heart. A real hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best choice for your toddler, 31 May 2011
This review is from: Boys' Potty Time (Dk) (Board book)
I did a lot of research looking for the right book to explain the whole potty training business to my just turned 2 year old.

Although he is not at the stage to attempt it yet, this book has already helped him to fully understand what the potty/toilet is for and what is in store when he is ready, and he has on occasion used the potty on novelty value, he even quotes from the book, e.g refers to his nappies sometimes and says "we'll put them all away".

The book is cheerful and well written in rhyme, shows pictures of real potty's in use, big boy pants and explains it all in a straight forward and practical way .

It is to the point and reasurring for the toddler, even explaining that accidents can happen and that it is not the end of the world!

I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye catching cover. Great little book., 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Boys' Potty Time (Dk) (Board book)
Thought my little 2 year old boy needed a little encouragement in the potty training department hence me buying this book.
It was delivered today and my 2 year old used the potty properly today. This book certainly helped.
l love the front cover..it looks like a training toilet seat has been stuck on top of it. Very realistic.
What I think really helped was the book contains images of real children on potties toilets etc. Ive tried cartoonified potty books previously..but my son was really quite interested to see big boys using potties. Well it worked today at least.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book for potty training, 25 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Boys' Potty Time (Dk) (Board book)
A nice book to explain potty training clearly and simply to a toddler. It comes with stickers too, so you can reward your wee one when they use the potty. A good price for a hardback, ive seen it more expensive elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 29 July 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent aid to potty training, 9 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Boys' Potty Time (Dk) (Board book)
In my independent little 2 year old nanny-child's eyes this has totally validated the discussions we have been having about Big Boy Pants and potty training. He is aware that his big sisters and every adult he knows wear pants and use the loo, and has begun to explore the idea in relation to his own future aspirations. On first receiving this book he asked me to read it to him over and over again and was fascinated by the clear illustrations (photos) of boys in pants and on potties. Suddenly this subject has gone from a pipe dream to being an achievable skill he can master. I am sure it won't be long now before he tries out life without nappies for himself. And I myself have suddenly realised that not only can this period be approached without pressure or stress, but can be made to seem like a new and rewarding game in which the child gains masses of kudos and confidence. I am totally going with his own self motivation and letting him decide on the pace (for all of us there is no hurry at all) and it seems like it will all be so easy now. Building one step at a time he will climb this hill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Potty Book For Boys, 5 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Boys' Potty Time (Dk) (Board book)
I got this book for my son (nearly two) as an introduction to the idea of potty training. From the first moment it arrived, he was completely fascinated and asked me to read it over and over with him. The book goes through the process from choosing a potty and pants, to having a go on the potty, to having an accident and finally to getting it right and receiving a sticker as a reward. I think what my son likes best is that it contains real photographs of boys that he can identify with and emulate - a very strong incentive for many children to do things is to see others doing it first. It's a couple of weeks since the book arrived and he still reads it every day and points things out with glee - 'Potty!', 'Pants!','No nappies' etc. I hope this will make potty training an exciting and relatively stress-free experience for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helped with potty training, 28 April 2012
This review is from: Boys' Potty Time (Dk) (Board book)
I got this book a week or so after starting potty training and my two and a half year old loved it straight away and asked to read it together over and over often while sitting on the potty. He still likes to read it now he is 'trained' and recites parts of it often 'Now I dont need nappies, Ive put them all away!' as I tihnk he found it reassuring to see others in the same position as him. It has good illustrations throughout showing real boys of differing ages using the potty, showing accidents that happen,shows using portable potties etc.. the text is in rhyme and all round it makes using the potty seem fun and is very encouraging with bright colurs and lots of cheering toddlers. I am sure this helped us get there with the training. Includes stickers too although our son much preferred Thomas the tank engine ones!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Boys' Potty Time (Dk) (Board book)
Great book. Clear pictures. Explains the steps very well to a toddler. The toddler can also independently look through the book whenever they want without the need for an adult to read it out loud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book. Great cover too!, 30 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Boys' Potty Time (Dk) (Board book)
Lovely colourful illustrations with photos of real boys with their new pants, sitting on potties and the toilet (not standing up to wee though). This made it really easy for my son to understand and he loved it, especially the 'botty on the potty' bit! I had different books when my daughter was training and I wish I'd had this one. To the point, humorous and just pitched at the right level for my 34 month old. He was trained in 48 hours and I really think this book helped.

Boys' Potty Time (Dk)
Boys' Potty Time (Dk) by Dk (Board book - 12 Feb. 2010)