5.0 out of 5 stars I love DK travel guides!
I love DK Travel Guides and this one didn't disappoint me either! Easy to follow, with a bit of history including a timeline and everything you need to know about visiting Krakow
Published on 5 May 2011 by V. Perez

3.0 out of 5 stars Does have some useful information but a bit out of date
We had this guide and the small Lonely Planet Encounters one for a trip to Krakow in July 2011 and did find the Lonely Planet one more helpful, despite it being so much smaller.

Published on 26 July 2011 by Eleanore

3.0 out of 5 stars Does have some useful information but a bit out of date, 26 July 2011
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Cracow (Paperback)

This DK guide was quite out of date - you need to add 20-50% to most of the prices for attractions, especially those at Wawel and some opening times have changed. Some restaurant and bar map references were also imprecise or incorrect which was quite frustrating. Its details on how to get some things are also quite limited (more so than Lonely Planet), for example Auschwitz and Weiliczka Salt Mine, so you do need to do some extra research if you want to avoid an organised tour.

It was nice to have, just because DK guides are quite attractive things to read and own, but I am not sure I would bother with it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed for a wonderful trip to Krakow, 28 Nov 2011
Brian O'connor (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Cracow (Paperback)
Excellent travel book that we found very useful. Two page spreads on each of the main sites works really well. Only quibble is that there could be a little more history included.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love DK travel guides!, 5 May 2011
V. Perez (London, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these guides, 29 Sep 2010
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Cracow (Paperback)
I love the Eyewitness guides and always purchase one if it is available. This one did not disappoint and having bought it a few weeks before we went to Crakow I was able to plan our long weekend and know what to look out for. The pictures and 'exploded'plans are excellent and always whet ones appetite for what you are going to see. They are beautiful books in themselves and having the Cracow enhanced our enjoyment of our visit to this beautiful city.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great souvenir, 15 April 2013
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Cracow (Paperback)
These days I always buy DK Eyewitness guides as a souvenir and because I like to navigate around a city visually.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracov guide, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Cracow (Paperback)
Excellent guide.....all I needed to know to start my tour of Cracov....Good basic background of history and clear maps and street guide.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice finish but nothing more, 18 July 2010
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Cracow (Paperback)
The restaurants, Hotels etc was OK but I bought this book so that I could get some more background info about the different sights etc. For instance Auschwitz has only 4 pages, the salt mines page, considering that these are the two absolute main attractions in Krakow and are on the UNESCO world heritage list it is really disappointing that the guidebook that they make up so little of the guidebook. For instance going to Wieliczka (the salt mine) is easy by local bus and takes just 30 minutes and is cheap, going by train to Auschwitz is one of the biggest mistakes I've done, it takes a long time and non-air-conditioned trains are not recommended during the summer. I'm surprised that the guidebook didn't mention this.

The books main issue is that it tries to cover everything, to be a complete guide. This is not feasible for a book so short, they should have skipped some parts and perhaps split the book in different sections/interest groups.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent addition to a wonderful series, 6 Feb 2014
C. Quinn (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Cracow (Paperback)
I love the Eyewitness Travel series and recommend them to all my traveling friends. This books covers all the wonders of Krakow and helped my family plan a magnificent trip. You can't beat the color photos, wonderful maps, and detailed information about each site. Highly recommended for anyone planning a trip to Krakow!

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Cracow
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Cracow by Collectif (Paperback - 3 May 2010)
Used & New from: 0.01