5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate indeed - perfect for budding chefs!
I bought this recently for my son, who at the age of 8 is convinced he's going to open his own restaurant. This is much more than just a kids cookery book, it has whole sections on kitchen hygiene, different food groups, a glossary of cookery words and techniques and a guide to equipment used in the book - all in an easy-to-read format with lots and lots of pictures...
Published on 22 Mar 2010 by Loobina

3.0 out of 5 stars I prefer measurements in cups/spoons rather than grams/ounces when cooking with a child
After seeing that this is a more comprehensive version of DK Children's Cookbook I was almost buying it for cooking with my 9 year old. However most measurements being in grams/ounces adds the hassle of having to weigh things when measuring with cups/spoons is way easier with a child. Seeing that the American version of the less comprehensive book gives the measurements...
Published 3 months ago by O. Alkan

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate indeed - perfect for budding chefs!, 22 Mar 2010
This review is from: Ultimate Children's Cookbook (Dk) (Hardcover)
Each recipe has step-by-step instructions and pictures, with food facts, tasty twists and did you know? inserts on each page. It even comes with a ribbon book mark (I love them!).
We've already made Blueberry Pancakes, Chicken Pasta Salad, Cheese and Potato Pasties, and the Raspberry Cheesecake on the front cover. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Over 150 receipes, 300 pages, chapters - Healthy Eating, Breakfast, Light Meals, Main Meals, Desserts, Baking, Party Food, Drinks and Treats.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic cook book!, 7 Jun 2010
Mrs. J. A. Rudkin "Jules" (West Berks) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultimate Children's Cookbook (Dk) (Hardcover)
I love this cook book, and I am anything but a cook! Although its for kids and I am fast approaching middle age, I bought this book because it looked like it was simple and clearly laid out. I don't actually like cooking but this book has imspired me to make several things from it already. The recipes are simple and delicious and it has inspired me. My teenage daughter who does like cooking also likes this book and has been keen to make things from it...An excellent book for kids and reluctant adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a big kid!, 11 Jun 2010
Ashleigh Walker (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultimate Children's Cookbook (Dk) (Hardcover)
As a child of 25 years old, this book is full of great recipes for everyone. Easy to follow and some very tasty recipes. Not just used by myself but my boyfriend, my sister and my mum so very popular all round. This would be quite a good book to give some who is moving away from home for the first time i.e. a student as it goes into detail on different cooking techniques without being overly complicated or hard to understand. Would definitely recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars For children of all ages!, 1 July 2010
This review is from: Ultimate Children's Cookbook (Dk) (Hardcover)
This is the best cookbook I've used in ages! Within two weeks I had cooked and baked numerous things out of this book! It's simple and easy and the Caramel Shortbread has been the best hit so far! I think any reluctant cooks of the 'can't cook, won't cook' variety will find it a great purchase. Covers breakfasts, light meals, main meals, deserts and party food. Anything I tried so far has been lovely! Highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Is as good as the title suggests, 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: Ultimate Children's Cookbook (Dk) (Hardcover)
I bought this cookbook and another in the DK series (Children's Cookbook by Katharine Ibbs). Both are really good but this Ultimate cookbook has all the recipes contained in the other one plus a load more, which is great for just a small difference in price. The photos of each stage of preparation are really helpful and the useful tips/other ideas and extra information speech bubbles are great too. I bought it for me and my 3 year old Son to be able to do a bit of cooking together and the potato and onion pasties have been a particular hit. Admittedly it is more suited to older children but he does what he can and I do the rest and it's good to spend time together away from the tv!

5.0 out of 5 stars For the first time cook, 8 Jan 2011
This review is from: Ultimate Children's Cookbook (Dk) (Hardcover)
This book is great for first time adults who have never had a go at cooking. I bought it to use for an after school cooking club. I found it useful for the simplicity of the recipes, following them and the information relating to healthiness of each recipe. As a very capable cook I will be using recipes from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Children Cookbook, 9 Aug 2010
This review is from: Ultimate Children's Cookbook (Dk) (Hardcover)
We chose this book to give to an eight year old boy who loves to cook. We were thrilled when we received the book as it was even better than we had hoped!!! A classic DK book, beautifully illustrated with step by step photographs. The recipes were easy to follow, carefully adjusted to guide the younger chef and there was a wide variety of recipes for all tastes. An excellent choice of book to start cooking with.Ultimate Children's Cookbook (Dk)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great little book for the budding chef, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Ultimate Children's Cookbook (Dk) (Hardcover)
Got this book for our daughter after she got interested in cooking after becoming a fan of the great british bake off and master chef programmes. The book has lots of great recipes for kids that are easy to follow, quite healthy and look/taste great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Children's Cookbook, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Ultimate Children's Cookbook (Dk) (Hardcover)
Ultimate Children's Cookbook, my niece spent part of Christmas Day selecting the recipes she would follow and there are lots of them presented in very straightfoward fashion with good illustration. Her Mum and Dad look slightly worried about the onset of sharing the kitchen and the expense of ingredients! but the book was a success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Children's Cookbook, 6 Nov 2012
This review is from: Ultimate Children's Cookbook (Dk) (Hardcover)
I first came across this book when it was given to my 7 year old as a birthday present and we all love it! The recipes are tasty and easy to follow. Some of them have become firm family favourites, especially the sausage popovers (basically individual toad-in-the-holes) and the fruity flapjacks. It is well-illustrated so that you can see what the finished product is supposed to look like.
I now give it as a birthday present to other children -it is a definite winner for the 7-12 age group.

Ultimate Children's Cookbook (Dk)
Ultimate Children's Cookbook (Dk) by Dk (Hardcover - 14 Jan 2010)