on 15 September 2011
I borrowed this book from the library and was so impressed with it, I had to buy my own copy. My 6 year old son loves making cakes, but I wanted him to try something different and this book gave him lots of great ideas. He's done all sorts of things, and the great photos and instructions make this book a great resource. I can't recommend it highly enough.
on 1 January 2013
My 9 year old daughter received this book for Christmas. It has lots of yummy recipes that the whole family will enjoy and all the recipes have simple, clear instructions with plenty of photos. All recipes give you how much time it'll take and how many it'll serve.

So far (it's only 1st Jan), my daughter has done the sticky chicken drumsticks, vegetable tomato sauce for pasta and easy berry ice cream. All delicious. She has already put post its next to recipes she'd like to try next. We have other so called children's cook books but this one is the only one that has inspired her and given her the confidence to try out the recipes.

If you want recipes easy enough for a child to follow but delicious enough for the whole family to enjoy, you won't go wrong with this book. Yes, you'll have to supervise/help according to child's age but it really is worth it and my daughter has been very proud (rightly so) of the results.
on 30 January 2011
this book may have young children in the photo on the front but my 13yr old daughter finds it about right with some challenging recipes in there too.
on 8 March 2011
This is good value for money. You get lots of recipes set out clearly and perfect for children to follow, either on their own, or with some guidance, obviously depending on their age. Highly recommend it for any children just starting to get interested in cooking.
Annabel Karmel's new recipe book 'You can cook' is absolutely fantastic. The beautiful presentation, full of colourful photos and simple text, is SO easy to follow and will definitely catch any child's attention.

It is a great educational tool for kids, introducing texture, colour, hygiene and the right attitude towards nutrition - as well as teaching them how to cook! The recipe content is also fantastic with a great variety of healthy meals. All the sorts of things you'd want to eat. I also really like that is isn't at all patronising and has some really sophisticated meals in there like lamb tagine and salmon in pastry. It encourages children that they can make proper food too, not just cookies and cakes.

Annabel Karmel instils the right attitude towards cooking and food - fun, easy and healthy. Not only for children but parents too! And it's a great family bonding activity. I wish had this when I was a child! They look like they're having so much fun.

I will definitely be buying this for my friend who is a mother to be. And I might just have to go over and help with the baby sitting/cooking fest!
on 19 December 2014
Excellent delivery...book looks quite good
Bought for xmas for my 12 year old