5.0 out of 5 stars A must for those who think soup is a meal in itself
I have had this book for a couple of months now, and have so far made seven of the recipes, each better than the last. Ingredients are not always cheap (e.g. Celeriac and Camembert), and those I have made so far can only be described as hearty - if there are any thin consommes, I don't seem to have found them.
Fed some friends the other night with the Onion and...
Published on 10 Feb 2010 by Roman Citizen

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed by lack of pictures
I bought this as DK books have a reputation for lots of pictures. A cookery book should have a picture for each recipe. Not the case here. Disappointing.
Published 14 months ago by David Grant

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for those who think soup is a meal in itself, 10 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Soup Book (Hardcover)
Fed some friends the other night with the Onion and Almond, afterwards the wife of one asked if she could marry me - make of that what you will.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply Super!, 15 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Soup Book (Hardcover)
I bought this book at the end of last year and was determined that I would use it. To ensure that I do so, I decided to record my endeavours on a blog (Minnie's Soup Kitchen - [...]
The Soup Book is quite simple to follow and the sections on preparing vegetables, herbs, spices, etc, and making stock, are very helpful and informative.
So far I have made spinach and rosemary, cock-a-leekie, beetroot and apple, cabbage, tomato and meatball, watercress, Moroccan roasted sweet potato, garlic, and celeriac and celery.
Not so much a cookery book, more of a project!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Soup Book, 20 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Soup Book (Hardcover)
I have bought this book for my self and as gifts it is very good indeed. Clear and easy to follow. Jolly good tasty every day soups, I love it

5.0 out of 5 stars The Soup Book by Sophie Grigson, 24 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Soup Book (Hardcover)
This books allow you to 'soup' through the seasons or just to use up the leftover veg in your kitchen. Beautifully presented and recipes that work. One of our favourite recipe books now!

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive soup book, 9 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Soup Book (Hardcover)
I love this book. Have special dietary requirements I cannot take sandwiches to work with me. This book has made my lunches both happier and healthier and the recipes are simple an delicious.

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy for anyone growing there own veg, 5 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Soup Book (Hardcover)
This is a well presented book with lots of ideas especially if you have excess veg at the height of the growing season with tips on freezing for storage A really great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well laid out and sectioned appropriately + great recipes!, 6 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Soup Book (Hardcover)
I've been meaning to buy a dedicated soup book after making so many from other books and finally bought this one. I have to say this is a very well laid out and sectioned book, so you can easily find the recipe for your craving easily and quickly. Once made, the recipes included in the book are fantastic. There is a lot of verity, so there is truly something for everyone.

I cannot fault this book.

J

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!!!, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Soup Book (Hardcover)
Buy it now, you cannot fail to enjoy this book. I have had this now for some weeks and Made at least 7 or 8 of the recipes, the brussel sprout soup was a great one for t Christmases period! The spinach and rosemary is amazing. Great book, buy it! It's the cost of a few pots of supermarket posh soups but the quality of the soups you will create are far superior, tastier and CHEAPER... This book will save you money in the long term and give you equal pleasure at what you produce.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the kitchen, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Soup Book (Hardcover)
Great choice of recipes through the seasons. Have made various soups in last few weeks and unlike some cookbooks, these have been tested!!!

I have since ordered 3 more copies for friends.

Don't hesitate, buy it now!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Soup Book, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Soup Book (Hardcover)
The Soup Book is a nice soup reference book. The recipes are varied and provide quite a bit of inspiration. I also like that the book specifies what vegetables are in season when.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Soup Book
The Soup Book by Sophie Grigson (Hardcover - 2 Nov 2009)
11.89