5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise & fantastic 3d images
Published on 17 Dec 2010 by JC

3.0 out of 5 stars Comment
I love the illustrations of the book in minute details, I love the diversity of the information on different of topics and the part for anathomy,the part for diseases, but in terms of clarity and orgnasing the information for a person who is not professionaly so deep into this ,it is a bit hard to read even though there are many positives.Also ,it would be probably better...
Published 11 months ago by Mariya Smilyanova

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise & fantastic 3d images, 17 Dec 2010
JC "JC" (Wokingham, Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Human Body (Hardcover)
Ordered this as am studying anatomy & physiology. Brilliant unique 3d images so the penny drops much more easily on what things actually look like. Explanations are v clear - enough detail for those studying up to intermediate level but explained clearly and simply so excellent as reference book for those just with a passing interest too. Would definitely recommend this book, excellent value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars One for everybody, 9 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Complete Human Body (Hardcover)
I bought this one for me, but I haven't been able to get near it. My five and seven year old girls ripped it straight from my hands as I unpacked it. It's easy to see why with such extraordinary illustrations lavished throughout. The girls then proceeded to press my wife and I on every detail on page after (slightly explicit) page. If you feel a sense of awe over the inner workings of the human body, and would like to share that with your young family, then I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars So good - I bought one!, 3 April 2011
This review is from: The Complete Human Body (Hardcover)
Started a Podiatry course in September and so needed a decent anatomy book illustrating bones/blood vessels/nerves etc. Came across this book in my local library (brand new/first lender) and found the computerized imagary/illustrations brilliant and clear. It doesn't show every detail (e.g. not all the foot muscles are shown or listed - hence 4 stars rather than 5) but for general anatomy I think its great.

I kept renewing the book for 3 months and decided to purchase it! And I'm not big on buying books.....recommendation enough I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Human Body, 20 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Complete Human Body (Hardcover)
This is not a book for anyone wanting to just look up symptoms and say yes, I have that disease!! It really is a comprehensive book on anatomy and how the whole body works. Very heavy! I found the chapters easy to read and understand and it will become a reference book for me. Great medical student book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Human Body, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Complete Human Body (Hardcover)
My initial reaction when I opened the parcel and saw the size of the book and felt the weight was that it was a least value for money and on opening the book and starting to read it, it just confirmed everything. The illustrations were amazing the written information and explanations were so easy to read and follow even for a lay women such as myself. Having watched Dr Alice Roberts on the television many times she did not disappoint with this wonderful exciting insight into how the human body works.I learned many things about my inside which i had no idea about. The book was initially for my grandson who had asked if i could buy it him for some study he was doing at school but i got my hands on it first only thinking to have a quick look through before i gave it to him,as it was 2 weeks later i finally gave him the book and confessed that I had been reading it. This book is well worth having for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars The incredible human body..., 21 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Complete Human Body (Hardcover)
After being a Dr Alice Roberts fan for a few years now and throughly enjoying her 'don't die young' book on how to look after our bodies,Don't Die Young: An Anatomist's Guide to Your Organs and Your Health I could not wait to get this new anatomy book and have to say it fails to disappoint.
The book is so in depth on everything you would want to know about how fascinating our bodies are. As well as in depth knowledge, the illustrations are truly amazing with use of drawings, CT images, MRI images, and any other way to show parts of our insides! The book is a good size as well which adds to pin sharpness of the images and gives the reader a good idea of what we look like and how our bodies work. In all if you are interested in anatomy get this book - you can't go wrong. It is also nice there is a bit at the beginnning which uses Dr Robert's knowlegde of anthropology, in giving readers an insight of human evolution. Fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars complete human body, 16 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Complete Human Body (Hardcover)
This book was ordered as a reference book for my children but I have not been able to put it down.It is facinating.The illustrations are fantastic and make quite complicated subjects easy to understand.Excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool diagrams, 21 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Complete Human Body (Hardcover)
Good book to look up info quickly - the images/diagrams are a must for teaching use especially for secondary school age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice's complete human body, 5 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Complete Human Body (Hardcover)
Big, beautifully illustrated, full bodied, nicely toned, warm, much as you'd expect from Alice. Instructive with fresh modern delivery, suitable probably young adult upwards.

4.0 out of 5 stars complete human body, 25 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Complete Human Body (Hardcover)
Very good book for someone wanting to know the basics of every
major bodypart, good for the price.
The book is large, and I wish it would have gone into depth a bit more,
but this would mean a larger and more expensive book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Complete Human Body
The Complete Human Body by Alice Roberts (Hardcover - 1 Sep 2010)