on 4 March 2010
Tremenda!!! Wow, I got shocked when this item arrived to my hands. Too much info and gorgeously illustrated, the best Halo Item in my library.
on 2 February 2010
This is a great book. Even if your not in to the whole Halo thing its really interesting to learn about the back story and the characters. From my personal experience I only had played the multi-player online game with my friends at university, and was recommended it if I wanted to learn more about the storyline. Glad I did.

Worth the money
on 23 December 2010
I still remember playing Halo: Combat Evolved for the very first time. Just before that moment I've never even touched an Xbox controller, I just couldn't believe that Microsoft's black box could produce a better experience than SEGA with its Dreamcast or Sony with its Playstation 2.
I was terribly wrong. Playing Halo changed my perspective on video games for ever. That same day I bought myself an Xbox and in the weeks and months and eventually the years that followed Halo became my favorite game franchise.

That is because of two reasons:
-First, the games have an enormous level of polish, wether in the sound, the graphics, the music and, of course, most of all the terrific gameplay.
-Second, the universe that the makers created was straight from the start incredibly rich, layered and ready for exploration.

This is where the "Halo Encyclopedia" comes in.
Halo Encyclopedia is nothing less than the "Halo Bible". The contents of the book are enough to make every Halo fan drool but it is also a great purchase for somebody who doesn't understand the story very well.
It can be used as a guide to discover the magnificent richness of the Halo Universe, or as a proud statement in a special place at your Halo shrine.

Halo Encyclopedia is a love letter to one of the best story's ever, the book has an excellent overall quality: good format, sturdy feel, nicely written and illustrated with amazing detail.

The best part of all this goodness is the fact that this very very nice package comes at a very very nice price here at Amazon!!!

Five Stars!!!
on 10 January 2011
This was bought as a gift for my Halo mad son. He absolutely loves it and the book has not been far from his side since Christmas.

Ive taken a look at it as well and can only say that it is a feast of information and superb visuals. Its quite a weighty tome and every page is chock full. As a consequence there is some repetition but it is not that noticable.

Altogether a very good book for the price.
on 18 January 2010
My son bought this book for himself with his xmas money. He lives and breathes Halo in all its incarnations. The price was good and it's a wonderful book. As far as I can see, it has information on every aspect of Halo, with detailed and beautiful illustrations.
My son reads this book in bed at night, his new bible! Boy heaven I reckon.
on 22 February 2010
The Halo Encyclopedia has granted me full knowledge of my favourite Xbox game which features from Halo 1 to Halo 3 ODST.
on 12 September 2010
My boyfriend has played Halo since the begining and has as much Halo 'stuff' as he can. I am now also a Halo fan, and I thought this would make a wonderful present for my boyfriend. He loved it. He liked the ammount of detail it actually goes into, it wasn't really telling him anything new but he likes to have information like this.
on 2 January 2010
The book itself is very good. Great quality, great illustrations and a lot of information that the standard Halo player will enjoy. But for the hardcore Halo fan a lot of this information is nothing new. Some of it seems to have been pulled straight off the Halopedia site and there are other elements of the book that contradict the canon of the universe, but as a whole the book is a fascinating insight into the more obscure areas of the Halo storyline.
on 6 February 2011
I bought this about a week ago, it arrived in about 3 days along with some other items I had purchased. I must say that I was very impressed with the book. It is an absolute gem to read. I paid just over £15 for it and I think I got every pennies worth, its full of good information about the halo universe and is absolutely fantastic if you wanted to know about something in particular. The problem I have had with it is that it doesnt provide lots of in depth detail about everything within the halo universe. Having been a fan of the Halo series for years now, quite alot of the content that I was reading wasnt very new to me but it was still a fantastic read and it was very well laid out. I think the best way to sum this up is that if you are a hardcore fan of the series who has read all of the books and knows about every aspect of the halo universe then this book wont tell you anything new but if you are new to the series, perhaps if youve only played one or two of the games and you want to learn some more about the whole of the halo universe then this is an absolutely fantastic book as itll teach you loads of good quality information without boring you or anything. thank you amazon for an amazing book at an amazing price :)
on 1 January 2011
Fantastic book, when it finally arrived. Price and products are first rate, but note to self order a lot earlier to avoid anxious moments that close to Christmas. Amazon are fine but the excuse for couriers they use lets them down. The book is great though, son has not looked up from the pages yet.