5.0 out of 5 stars At last - an easy to read garden book that covers everything
Published on 8 Oct 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars good read
my cousin said this was a good read and was very happy with this book and picked up some tips
Published 5 months ago by steve pearce

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - an easy to read garden book that covers everything, 8 Oct 2001
By A Customer
If you want to maintain your garden but don't have the time to make this a full-time occupation (i.e. you are working full time!!) this is a super help - tells you what to plant, prune, lift, protect etc on a monthly basis. There is even a checklist at the beginning of each month. Just what I needed to make sure that I do the essential things at the right time, so that my garden looks good each year. Loads of lovely pictures, so this book also looks good on the coffee table...!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy one gardening book, make it this one, 4 Oct 2004
Mand (Buckinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is fantastic - month by month it tells you which tasks to carry out in your garden and how. This is absolutely priceless when you are new to gardening or when you are short of time (or both!), or it can even just act as a monthly reminder.
There is no complicated jargon but it isn't too simplistic either. The level of details is just right for an amateur gardener.
Each month is then broken down into various categories like Vegetable Garden, Greenhouse, etc... which makes it easier to find what you want. There are also bigger practical projects, like things to build for the garden.
The pictures of plants and flowers are beautiful which makes reading the book even more of a pleasure. And the price is right too, what mnore could one want?
Altogether a perfect book from the RHS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, yes, yes, 19 Sep 2008
Robinho (Haverhill, Suffolk,UK) - See all my reviews
How did the author manage to make a gardening book so good? No wonder its endorsed by the RHS and I don't want to repeat the already very good reviews posted here?
Nothing to be done in the garden in January? Don't belive it take a look at the month at a glance guide. The perfect book in many ways, Star Plants of the Month see what you have to look forward to with stunning pictures, in those depressing dreary days of January turn the pages and feel the motivation return. It really is a good book if you buy as a gift buy two or you will never give the present away. I'm sure you will enjoy (its a little better than Alan Titchmarch's The Gardeners Year, sorry Alan).

5.0 out of 5 stars The best gardening reference for amateurs, 28 Dec 2002
By A Customer
I have been looking for a gardening book to help me know just when to do things and this is it. The flower illustrations are excellent, the price is right and I am now buying a copy for my daughter in-law.

5.0 out of 5 stars RHS Gardening Through the Year, 22 Jun 2009
My Bible! I love this book. As a beginner I can figure out what to do and when. Great photographic index of plants. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gardening Through The Year, 3 Mar 2009
Mr. Stephen R. Thomason (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
A first class review of the tasks in the garden for the year. My wife is constantly telling me that we have missed a time window to plant this or prune that; with this book there is no excuse

Mand (Buckinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
The pictures of plants and flowers are beautiful which makes reading the book even more of a pleasure. And the price is right too, what more could one want?
Altogether a perfect book from the RHS!

5.0 out of 5 stars What every gardener needs., 9 Jan 2012
This is just what I needed to tell me all about gardening, since I am a novice yet now own a house with a big garden. It was all I wanted and more. Had I known how informative the book was before buying it, I would not have purchased the 'RHS encylopedia of plants and flowers' too. This is much more user friendly and gives plenty of information about different plants - enough for me anyway. I would thoroughly recommend 'Gardening through the year' to anyone who is new to gardening, or a keen gardener wanting more tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, 11 Nov 2010
Mimi83 (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RHS Gardening Through The Year (Hardcover)
For someone who doesn't know the ABCs of gardening and who has inherited a small garden in her new home, this book is a Godsend. Well illustrated with clear instructions and thoughtful practical suggestions on what to do in what month, this book is perfect to keep you on top of things.
It also has a little plant index section at the back to familiarize you with popular plants that actually helped me identify at least four species of previously unknown plants to me in my tiny back garden. I'm sure I'll discover more over time.
Though I'm no radical convert to gardening, the book has certainly given me enough direction to take care of tasks that need the most attention. If you have a garden, this book should be on your priority books list.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN IDEAL GIFT FOR SOMEONE NEW TO GARDENING, 24 May 2010
Mr. R. D. Booth (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RHS Gardening Through The Year (Hardcover)
I purchased this book as a birthday gift for my son who is new to gardening. He has found it to be invaluable for the amount of information and guidance it contains.

RHS Gardening Through The Year
RHS Gardening Through The Year by Ian Spence (Hardcover - 2 Nov 2009)