5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Berry - Entertaining made easy
Published on 10 Aug 2010 by lindy-lou

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book!
I am delighted with my new cookery book. It is beautifully laid out. I have already cooked the Gammon recipe twice as it was eaten so quickly by the family!
Published on 27 Sep 2010 by Mrs. S. J. Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Berry - Entertaining made easy, 10 Aug 2010
This review is from: Cook up a Feast (Hardcover)
I have always found Mary Berry Cookery Books to be an essential part of of my life in the kitchen. I purchased my first copy of one of her books when I was newly married 30+ years ago and over the years have built up a large selection covering so many aspects of cooking. When Lucy Young started producing books I bought each of them and between the two of them need never refer to any other cookery writer (although I do have an extensive library of cookery books). This latest book is ideal for anyone who is faced with the prospect of entertaining larger numbers of people and feel quite daunted at the prospect, not only does it assist with quantities, serving ideas etc it also has a selection of easily prepared dishes with very clear instructions on how and when to prepare the dish in relation to the time of the social occasion. I would strongly recommend all Mary Berry Books, this book has made a welcome addition to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars answer to a prayer, 6 Sep 2010
This review is from: Cook up a Feast (Hardcover)
I feel that this is the book I have been waiting for! I frequently have to cater for large numbers of family and always panic and have sleepless nights for weeks beforehand. I really appreciate the variety of recipes and the fact that I can prepare for either moderate or large numbers and that the hard work of planning how much to prepare has been done for me. I am thrilled with my copy.

4.0 out of 5 stars No-nonsense, 'can do' book for cooking for large numbers, 30 April 2011
This review is from: Cook Up a Feast (Hardcover)
I love this book- loads of great ideas, clear and encouraging instructions, good recipes. Friendly guidance for prep and planning makes you feel you can do stress free cooking for large numbers with these experienced cooks at your side! Really makes you want to get started.
Well set out, 'feel good about it all' book which is inspiring if you aren't used to cooking for a crowd. Very pleased I bought it as I will definitely go back to it often.

5.0 out of 5 stars reliable cook books, 1 Sep 2010
Mrs. C. A. Troops (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Cook up a Feast (Hardcover)
I have already tried 5 recipes out of this excellent book and my friends were so impressed they can't wait to purchase their own copy.
I have a great many Mary Berry books and purchase each new one when it is published. This is because all her recipes are totally reliable and very tasty.She provides invaluable advice on cooking in advance which is a great help when entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 9 Sep 2010
This review is from: Cook up a Feast (Hardcover)
Mary Berry's recipes never fail - I have several of her books and regularly do at least three or four recipes from each of them. This new book with Lucy Young is as ideal for the beginner as it is for the more experienced cook:the authors take you through each step of planning and preparing for a party; from the layout of the buffet table to the timing for each dish and for the more experienced cook there are delicious ideas. Some are very simple but effective - why didn't I think of using halved dough balls as a canape base? And the book would be worth it just for the twice baked lemon soufflé recipe. I'm really enjoying this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most lovely book., 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Cook up a Feast (Hardcover)
This is we think one of the best cookery books ever. Lovely illustrations, easy to follow, just a delight to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Berry & Lucy Cooper Cooking up a Feast, 29 Oct 2010
This review is from: Cook up a Feast (Hardcover)
I think it is a brilliant cook book. I am a big fan of Mary Berry but I think the duo have excelled themselves I like the fact that the recipes are for 6 or 12 portions the illustrations are excellent. and it has across the board recipes with information re: freezing

5.0 out of 5 stars Berry Berry Good!!, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Cook Up a Feast (Paperback)
Just as you would expect from Mary Berry (and Lucy) easy to follow foolproof and tasty recipes. Although book is designed to feed a crowd I have either just halved the recipes for six (for two very generous helpings) or made the full amount and froze the left overs - even when freezing was not recommended and results so far have been fine.

Have learnt, and loved, from Mary Berry for nearly 40 years and this book continues to build upon an already stunning reputation and cannot fail to please.

5.0 out of 5 stars feast book, 29 Jan 2014
Mrs. Andrea R. Hornor (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cook up a Feast (Hardcover)
fantastic book. I really like using it for midweek suppers as well as for bigger groups. It has such a nice selection of easy receipes and very good ideas about pot luck suppers etc! Visually very attractive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saw this book at someone's house, and had to have it., 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Cook up a Feast (Hardcover)
I am planning a party in about two weeks time. Stuck with the same old recipes, I longed for inspiration. This book does it - it's beautifully presented, and has inspiration in spadefuls. All well set out, I'm not a great lover of cooking, but this book will go a long way to taking the chore out of the hard work.

ARRAY(0xb1b8830c)

Cook up a Feast
Cook up a Feast by Lucy Young (Hardcover - 2 Aug 2010)
Used & New from: 7.99