on 2 September 2010
Brilliant. Clear and easy to understand. Lots of colour photos, not just line drawings, meant that I could actually identify what was wrong with plants and then follow the advice for dealing with the problems. Book well organized so that you can search by plant, by disease or by photos. Others who have seen my copy of the book are very impressed - I just have to make sure they don't spirit it away!!
on 8 January 2011
Explains about pests and diseases on plants in a simple concise manner. Good pictures to allow you to diagnose yourself. Easy to use.
on 25 April 2014
A really uyseful guide to identifying variouys 'bug bears' in the garden. Could maybe do with more colour pictures for easier identification.
on 23 January 2015
Very, very good book - very useful - I bought in order to diagnose a disease on the leaves of my vines, so this wasd extremely useful.
on 14 June 2013
Extremely helpful especially showing so much in pictures so one can recognise the problem one is having to cope with.
on 19 January 2015
The best book on the market for identifying and treating Pests and Diseases in the garden.
on 5 October 2009
A very useful and authoratative guide to the whole subject of pest and disease control in the garden. It is a pity that rapidly changing legislation makes recommendations for the use of insecticides, fungicides etc so problematical.
on 1 September 2011
This is a really brilliant book! I like in particular the plethora of phantastic images that have changed my way of looking at plants when I'm out for a stroll in the countryside or doing my shopping in the local supermarket. It definitely has sparked my interests in spotting pests and diseases, but in a very beneficial way when before I simply threw things away without even bothering a 2nd glimpse. Now I'm turned more into a plant physician. It's not a book to take out on a fieldtrip, but more something to look up when in a comfy armchair. Many images are so memorisable that they stick...I think it's a superb bargain!!!
on 4 November 2015
Part of the issue when you spot something wrong in your garden is finding out what caused it. This book is a great help in identifying the cause and what you can do to reduce or eliminate the problem.
on 26 September 2013
If you need to know the pests and diseases of our flora then this great book will give you what you need.Comprehensive ,with clear colour photos . A must buy for students of Horticulture.