Format: Hardcover|Change

on 24 September 2009
This book is a worthy buy for amateur allotmenteers as well as those who have been established for a while. The book stands out from the other allotment books i have as it has a detailed calendar, advising what jobs to do each month as well as type of vegetables/fruit to grow. Also gives you good hints & tips and explains why more importantly. User friendly & handy guide to dip in & out of when ever you need it. Definitely recommended.
on 8 June 2009
I bought this for my wife who had just taken on her first allotment. This has been a very helpful and insightful book. It covers when to plant, what you can plant, how to plant and everything to do with when and how.

If you are just starting out, then this is an excellent guide book to begin with.

I'm looking forward to the first harvest, a true test of how good this book is.
on 15 July 2009
I have other gardening books, but this one is so straight forward.full of useful infomation, and well illistrated.all you will ever need.
on 26 November 2009
I have had an allotment for 5 years now and have collected a few books about growing veg over this time. This one is perhaps the best all round book - the month by month section is great and the detail of how to deal with individual veg is clear and accruate. If you are going to own one book this is the one
on 15 August 2009
This is a well-organised, informative and helpful book. There are different sections about different vegetables, but there are also different sections for different months. There's also a bit to help you identify diseases. And lots of good tips. I really like the way the book is laid out.
on 8 November 2013
Great book for the novice or the experienced alike, bought this for a friend who is about to start out with an allottment, but wanted to keep it so it is now on my wish list, even though I have loads of books about growing all types of vegetables and ornamentals!! I like that it gives details of what needs to be done each month, in one section and the details about the crops in the other. Very well laid out with the allottment "keeper" in mind!
on 18 September 2009
I first had this book from my local library, I found it to be so very useful but also did many others as it was being reserved by other library users all the time. So I decided it was time to have my own copy. I have not been so well informed on Allotment matters. I would recommend this book to anyone who has an allotment or who is thinking of getting one in the future. Whatever the problem you will find the answer in here.
on 11 February 2012
Our Son had put this book on a wish list at Xmas time just gone, we could'nt find it anywhere. We discovered it was out of print hence we could not find it. We left order with Amazon who duly sent us the book later in January. When the book arrived we found it was simply brilliant and we could not put it down. We ordered a second copy for ourselves. I have many garden reference books but we do not have anything that compares with this little beauty.If your looking for a useful fruit and vegetable garden handbook look no futher.
on 2 August 2011
I just love this book it's packed with information, guidance, and clear illustrations
on all topics of gardening. It's by far the best handy guide to growing your own produce
and flowers successfully. Month by month guide on what to grow and jobs to be done.
packed with handy advice and information on pests and diseases. I call this my gardening bible.
By far the best book I've read.
on 19 July 2009
As a new person to gardening as regards veg etc This book is very helpful I would recommend it