5.0 out of 5 stars A lot for the Allotment
I bought this for my wife who had just taken on her first allotment. This has been a very helpful and insightful book. It covers when to plant, what you can plant, how to plant and everything to do with when and how.

If you are just starting out, then this is an excellent guide book to begin with.

I'm looking forward to the first harvest, a true...
Published on 8 Jun 2009 by Mra M. Hedges

3.0 out of 5 stars decent overview but lacks depth
I feel like it's useful to have a month by month guide. I find this book at times a bit repetitive and although nicely ordered do prefer a more in depth and personally written guide.
Published 15 months ago by *

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot for the Allotment, 8 Jun 2009
Mra M. Hedges (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allotment Month by Month (Hardcover)

I'm looking forward to the first harvest, a true test of how good this book is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for amateurs, 24 Sep 2009
E. Ralph (Leics, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allotment Month by Month (Hardcover)
This book is a worthy buy for amateur allotmenteers as well as those who have been established for a while. The book stands out from the other allotment books i have as it has a detailed calendar, advising what jobs to do each month as well as type of vegetables/fruit to grow. Also gives you good hints & tips and explains why more importantly. User friendly & handy guide to dip in & out of when ever you need it. Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple book, straight to the point, 15 July 2009
Eileen Wood (co. Durham uk.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allotment Month by Month (Hardcover)
I have other gardening books, but this one is so straight forward.full of useful infomation, and well illistrated.all you will ever need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource, 15 Aug 2009
Eleanor Casson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allotment Month by Month (Hardcover)
This is a well-organised, informative and helpful book. There are different sections about different vegetables, but there are also different sections for different months. There's also a bit to help you identify diseases. And lots of good tips. I really like the way the book is laid out.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I have on growing veg, 26 Nov 2009
J. Biddlecombe (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allotment Month by Month (Hardcover)
I have had an allotment for 5 years now and have collected a few books about growing veg over this time. This one is perhaps the best all round book - the month by month section is great and the detail of how to deal with individual veg is clear and accruate. If you are going to own one book this is the one

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Guide, 29 Jun 2009
A. Robertson "Book Worm" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allotment Month by Month (Hardcover)
This is a great guide for beginners especially as it takes you through the planting and chores month by month. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Allotment, month by month, 18 Sep 2009
John Favell "Allotment digger" (Exeter, Devon, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allotment Month by Month (Hardcover)
I first had this book from my local library, I found it to be so very useful but also did many others as it was being reserved by other library users all the time. So I decided it was time to have my own copy. I have not been so well informed on Allotment matters. I would recommend this book to anyone who has an allotment or who is thinking of getting one in the future. Whatever the problem you will find the answer in here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide, 30 Aug 2009
Blissem (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allotment Month by Month (Hardcover)
Just applied for an allotment but decided to see what as involved first by doing some internet research and buying this book. After looking through I am impressed with the amount of information set out clearly and with a calendar showing you when all the jobs should be done. I am sure that any budding allotment owners would benefit from information available within. Highly recommended. Now just need to wait for another 18 months or so for an allotment to become available!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply takes the carrott....ideal reference book ..., 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: Allotment Month by Month (Hardcover)
Our Son had put this book on a wish list at Xmas time just gone, we could'nt find it anywhere. We discovered it was out of print hence we could not find it. We left order with Amazon who duly sent us the book later in January. When the book arrived we found it was simply brilliant and we could not put it down. We ordered a second copy for ourselves. I have many garden reference books but we do not have anything that compares with this little beauty.If your looking for a useful fruit and vegetable garden handbook look no futher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gardener's bible, 2 Aug 2011
Mrs. J. M. Gerrard "Jules" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allotment Month by Month (Hardcover)
I just love this book it's packed with information, guidance, and clear illustrations
on all topics of gardening. It's by far the best handy guide to growing your own produce
and flowers successfully. Month by month guide on what to grow and jobs to be done.
packed with handy advice and information on pests and diseases. I call this my gardening bible.
By far the best book I've read.

Allotment Month  by Month
Allotment Month by Month by Alan Buckingham (Hardcover - 1 April 2009)