5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of brightly-coloured animal pictures
This little board book is a really good size for older babies and toddlers to hold. The pictures of animals are plentiful, bright and clear and there's lots of variation in type: giant animals, farm animals, baby animals, birds etc grouped together on a double-page spread.

Published on 30 Dec. 2011 by Seren Ade

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for Babies first animal book,
Published 3 months ago by Nanny Deb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of brightly-coloured animal pictures, 30 Dec. 2011
Seren Ade (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

An ideal book to read to children who are at the 'looking for words' stage of pointing to everything and waiting for a grown-up to identify it. But be warned, if you go through all the animals identifying the noises they make as well, there are several where you're likely to find yourself stumped... as the broad selection of creatures included goes far beyond the basics!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Book., 3 Sept. 2010
K. J. Dean "Karen Dean" (London) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my granddaughter on her first birthday who is now 18 months old and she loves it. Nearly everyday she brings it to me and we sit quietly looking at the pictures and repeating the animal names, many of which she can now identify herself.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 11 July 2011
my little daughter and i just love looking through this book, pointing, naming, growling, miaowing.
this book is extremely solid and tough. it would be a very determined child who could rip this one

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 19 Nov. 2013
I have ordered this book after having it as a library book, my initial thoughts were what a strange collection of animals and it wasn't what I had expected. However my daughter, 22 months, loves it and it is one of her favourite reads and she now recognises starfish, vultures, pelicans and many other animals in addition to the standard zoo and farm animals, which are also in this book. I have just received confirmation that our copy has been dispatched, which means that our very overdue library copy can eventually be returned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite comprehensive, 14 Jan. 2013
I bought this for my godson who is a year old. He loves animals so thought this would be a great bet. The book is actually much more comprehensive than I thought, it has all kinds of animals included not just the most common. His big sister read through the book with him, which she enjoyed very much, she is 7. I would say that the age range would be 1 up to 5 years old, purely due to the content, also being a board book it should also last a few years, so should be well worth the money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for Babies first animal book,, 14 Feb. 2015
Nanny Deb (wakefield. west yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Not at all what I was expecting for a babies FIRST introduction to animals. How often is a 16 month gong to see a Scallop, Clam, Armadillo, or a Thorny Devil, Hawkfish, Postman Caterpillar,Lion Fish, Porcupine Fish or be expected to remember them. Its a well made solid book, small enough for tiny hands. Its just the contents of the book I have a problem with. If your wanting the basic Cat, Dog, Cow, Pig etc this is not the book for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars grandson likes it, 2 Dec. 2012
Well made with good photo's. I bought it to look at with my grandson who's 14 months old and likes animals, as well as turning pages over in books. This has some really good photo's and he really likes it but, just as some reviewers have mentioned, there are too many pictures on each page. Also, some of the animals in it are a bit odd (eg ribbon eel, hawkfish etc) and hard to relate to. Apart from that I'd definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars D.K. make the best picture books for babies and toddlers, 27 July 2014
I love DK picture books. Their brightly coloured, clear, real photos make them my instant go-to for babies and toddlers.
Great for encouraging language skills and being a board book they have a good shelf life.
I've worked with children for over 16 years and they're always a hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars handy little book to carry around, 3 Feb. 2014
My 18 month old knows most animals in this book, she loves it as it has photographs rather than drawings, also as it is quite small its perfect for taking out and about for a bit distraction at a resturant or in car for example

5.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely book, 1 Mar. 2015
Lovely quality book, with hard wipe clean pages and loads of animal pictures, some very esoteric! My 3 and 2 year olds absolutely love this book, it's also quite small so a great size for taking out and about.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Animal (DK Online)
Animal (DK Online) by Dorling Kindersley (Paperback - 2 Feb. 2009)