on 15 November 2014
Nice book. Actually bought for my husband so he can recap and teach our son when he is old enough (only 4 months at the moment). My husband tells me often that he used to know all about dinosaurs when he was younger so It was a bit of a silly gift to add to his Christmas presents but I have had a flick through and was really pleasantly surprised by how much information the book had. Great little book and for the price, very very happy with the purchase.
on 30 March 2014
This is a great book, full of really good pictures, (not the terrible cartoony looking ones that many of these books have.) I bought this as a gift for my 6 year old nephew who is dinosaur mad! It's a great book for him as it doesn't baby the information but provides facts in a clear way, so he will be able to get more and more from this book as he gets older. Good quality, well packaged, great book. A definite keeper.
on 3 March 2014
5 year old dinosaur expert tells me it's mint and he should know as this one must be one of many
on 24 November 2015
My 8 year old read it in an evening. The Dinosaur obsessed will love this book. Packed with facts and presented in a way that facilitates easy absorption of the material, you will quickly find your child quoting facts you never knew and making you feel quite inadequate for not knowing. That is, if you are not a dinosaur aficionado yourself
on 7 January 2015
My Son almost 3 years Loves the Book. He got obsessed with dinosaurs and he kept on asking me their names. Hard to find this kind of info on the internet. This book he likes a lot, he often looks trough it cause has nice photos and I can read the names to tell him. He surprisingly took good care of it too.
on 22 October 2015
I bought this as a gift for a 5 year old boy and had a quick look before I wrapped it! The pictures are clear and there is enough information but not too much as to make it overwhelming. It looks like a good reference for children who love knowing a bit more about dinosaurs than just their names.
on 30 July 2014
Brilliant book. My 5 and 8 year old boys both love it! Great value
on 20 March 2016
Fantastic so delighted with this Book its put together really well making learning about dinosaurs fun exceptional value the perfect book for a child who has a fascination with dinosaurs a great delivery service too
on 22 January 2016
I bought this for my goddaughter for Christmas. She has just found all the pieces a month later! She loved how all of the different bones fit together to make a dinosaur! Definitely worth the money.
on 15 September 2015
First of all, I'm not entirely certain who the ideal audience for this book is. Some of the language and vocab used gears it toward young children (and the cover tagline suggests the same), but the complexity of the content (not to mention the dinosaur names in of themselves) seem presented in a way that would often be difficult for a child to understand (particularly grievous was that I noticed they threw out the term "hadrosaur" and didn't explain it-- not even in the glossary). I think if you do buy this for a child some adult input would be required for them to fully grasp it, or it's something they'll have to grow up with a bit.

I only have a very basic knowledge of the Mesozoic eras, but even I noticed quite a few errors. Liopleurodon was nowhere near 25m long, T-Rex is seen dragging its tail in one model/restoration, awkward looking pronation of arms/hands, accurately giving Velociraptor's size ("a large dog") at one point in the book but then labelling a 2m tall Deinonychus looking dinosaur in the very back of the book as being Velociraptor-- I think that the book just needed much more polishing. I understand it's geared at children, but at the same time I think that makes it even more important that you get things right early on.

Having said all of that, it's not a bad book at all. It has a lot of nice pictures, and for what it is it's reasonably comprehensive for a beginner. As mentioned, a bit more polishing and it could have been a fantastic guide.