5.0 out of 5 stars Great dinosaur book
Published on 7 Oct 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice
For me is nice, I find it rather interesting, but my son perfer the walking with dinosaurs book of BBC
Published 14 months ago by GraD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dinosaur book, 7 Oct 2010
This review is from: Dinosaur Encyclopedia (First Reference) (Paperback)
I bought this a couple of months ago for my 5 year old and he really loves the book, he must have looked at every page a thousand times! Very interesting, lots of 'fun' facts for kids, but also more serious stuff such as how fossils are formed and found, along with some great pictures - e.g, comparing how big dinosaurs were to things they see today. Very engaging and educational. Would certainly recommended it for kids from around 4 to 7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 Feb 2010
A. Betts "Livs mum" (Liverpool uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dinosaur Encyclopedia (First Reference) (Paperback)
A great book, my 4 year old loves it and I have learnt a few things too. Still alot of info for us to read and the pictures are good too!

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect Birthday Present, 5 April 2009
I bought this book for a little boys Birthday (he was 5 and is mad on dinosaurs) and his mother has told me that out of all the things he recieved this was his favorite and he has never put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for inquisitive five year-olds!, 18 Aug 2013
M. Russell (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dinosaur Encyclopedia (First Reference) (Paperback)
I bought this for my five year-old boy, to cater for his sudden fascination with dinosaurs. This is a great book, packed with just about the right balance of information and pictures. I would say it would be suitable for those a few years older also. In fact, I have been revisiting my own dinosaur knowledge whilst reading the pages to him. Most dinosaur varieties are covered, with a decent explanation of the various periods involved. The explanations are straightforward enough for you to be able to read it yourself and then explain an answer to any awkward questions from your children!!

5.0 out of 5 stars lots of good info and great dino pictures, 29 Nov 2012
This review is from: Dinosaur Encyclopedia (First Reference) (Paperback)
This book makes regular appearances in our bedtime reading - my two boys pick two or three pages each. They love looking at the pictures - many of which relate Dinos to people in terms of their size so the boys can really imagine how massive these beasts were. There's some great information about important fossil sites (and important fossils) as well as more juicy stuff about hunting techniques and many other dinosaur behaviours. All told - a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun for little hands, 13 Aug 2011
This review is from: Dinosaur Encyclopedia (First Reference) (Paperback)
i bought this for my son for his birthday after he had a book of awesome animals from the school library for nearly 2 months that he refused to give back because he liked it that much.
this was an excellent choice for a 4 year old -its advanced enough so that it suits him now looking at the pictures and asking questions and he will grow into it when he starts to read for himself
this has become a firm favourite he sits there for hours with this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a 5y old Dinosaur mad little boy, 7 Jan 2013
A. Maddocks "charmair books" (south wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dinosaur Encyclopedia (First Reference) (Paperback)
My 5 yr old grandson adores this book ! ( + the adults who read it with him.) He informed us yesterday that there were only two meat eaters in the Jurassic period! ( we need to check this !) Beautifully illustrated and cross referenced . Great book - highly recommended . we bought it for him 6 months ago and he hardly puts it down !

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: Dinosaur Encyclopedia (First Reference) (Paperback)
My 6 yr old daughter was studying dinasaurs recently. i purchased this book as she took a real interest in the subject. The book is colourful, informative and is eay for a primary school aged child to read independantly and generate interest. Would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars informative, 11 Oct 2010
This review is from: Dinosaur Encyclopedia (First Reference) (Paperback)
grandson loves it,great book for the little ones who are starting out on the road to learning

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a boy who love dinosaurs, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: Dinosaur Encyclopedia (First Reference) (Paperback)
Bought this for my 6 year old son who is mad about dinosaurs. He loves reading this book and enjoys telling me the names of the dinosaurs and if they are meat eaters or plant eaters.

Dinosaur Encyclopedia (First Reference)
Dinosaur Encyclopedia (First Reference) by Dorling Kindersley (Paperback - 2 Feb 2009)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available