5.0 out of 5 stars Great Inspiration
This book takes an absolute beginner through the process of making things yourself - sewing and knitting. Simple clear instructions, good diagrams and fantastic inspirational photos of finished products. It's hard to know what to make first - and great for keeping traditional sewing skills alive!
Published on 14 Oct 2009 by Biddy from the bog

2.0 out of 5 stars Duplication of a similar publication
I was really disappointed to find that this book is a nearly exact duplication of another DK book about knitting - my daughter spotted it straight away - the cover was different, but the inside was more or less identical to "Knit It, Stitch It".

Published on 16 Aug 2012 by FLB

5.0 out of 5 stars Made by Me, 6 Mar 2012
This review is from: Made By Me (Hardcover)
Wonderful book for children and grown ups! I bought this book for ideas for my after school knitting club. The children loved the easy to follow patterns and enjoyed making the items. There is lots more besides knitting in the book it would make lovely gift. Definately a purchase you won't regret.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice book!, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Made By Me (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my girls and we all like the book very much. Many great projects, both easy ones and some a little harder. I would say the age should be from around 7-8 y and up. So nice photos and layout and the descriptions for the projects are also very good. Don't worry to buy this book, it's worth the money!

2.0 out of 5 stars Duplication of a similar publication, 16 Aug 2012
FLB (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Made By Me (Hardcover)

I am not saying the quality of the book is poor - if you only wanted one book aimed at kids for sewing and knitting then this one is ideal, but I have given it 2 stars for being nearly the same book I had bought previously.

5.0 out of 5 stars great Christmas Fayre ideas, 7 Aug 2011
This review is from: Made By Me (Hardcover)
Book contains lots of great ideas for children and parents to make at home and especially for our school's Christmas Fayre. We have a textile group at the junior school. We have made some of the things already. Simple and inexpensive to make. My Granddaughters love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book!!, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: Made By Me (Hardcover)
bought this for my grandaughter to intoduce her to sewing, together with a fully packed sewing box... cant wait for her to open it at xmas... she will be delighted, the book is perfect, ilustrations and instructions are so easy for a child to follow, i am sure she will enjoy making all the lovely projects inside.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a little thin, 11 July 2011
Jo Bennie (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Made By Me (Hardcover)
What there is in this book is pretty good for a child beginning to sew, the illustrations are, as with all DK books, beautiful and colourful. The instructions for each project is clear and easy to follow. The book covers equipment, embroidery, cross stitch, tent stitch, buttons, sewing projects and knitting, all the projects are really cute. I just would have liked a bit more, it wouldn't keep my young one enteratined for long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why so pink?, 26 Jan 2012
Julie Hunt - See all my reviews
This review is from: Made By Me (Hardcover)
I am the mother of two boys. They like to make things and sew but they will not like this book because it looks so girly. The actual projects would probably appeal very much and in fact we have made similar knitted things in the past (just in different colours). Mothers of sons will have to memorise the instructions and hide the actual book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Made By Me, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Made By Me (Hardcover)
Bought as a reference work and I guess may fulfill that function but has not been used as yet. if not forgotten I guess it will sometime.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas., 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Made By Me (Hardcover)
I would recommend this product to every one who has little girls who enjoy doing craft stuff ,they will have
hours of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made by me, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Made By Me (Hardcover)
I bought this book for a young friend aged 7 and I think it is really inspring for that age. I love the book and hope she feels the same when she receives it for her birthday soon.

Made By Me
Made By Me by Jane Bull (Hardcover - 1 May 2009)