Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 December 2010
Fantasticly illustrated book, you can sit for hours leafing through it. I bought it as a reference books for our 2 kids, the internet is wonderfull for reference, but a book like this is much better.
on 30 September 2015
This book is amazing,its huge and full of top quality photos and pictures.It contains examples of many species,not all but none the less its vast.The owl section was my personal favourite.
on 1 June 2013
I use this as a reference book for making models of animals & birds and, when my 20-something son came to stay he spent ages leafing through it. He said he'd like something like this, and it stayed on his birthday/Christmas wish-list for so long, that I eventually took him seriously and bought him a copy. He spends ages with his tiny daughter looking at the hundreds and hundreds of animals.

It's amazing to look at and also very informative - a proper best buy. But do make sure that your bookshelf is big & strong enough to accommodate it.
on 4 August 2015
As I've come to expect from DK, this book is full of detail, great illustrations and very clearly presented. Just wish I had more time to look at it!
on 2 October 2015
Stunning close-up photos covering multiple parts of nature and loads of info. Enormous book. Great present or coffee table book.
on 30 December 2014
This is a huge beautiful book. Its a lot larger than I thought it would be, but that's not a complaint. There has obviously been a lot of work put into this and it shows. The pictures are colourful and clear. The only complaint is that there is very little text with each picture, but that's understandable considering the price and size of the book as it is. And anyway, this is more of a visual guide... which this exceeds at.
on 9 December 2014
I think this is the best visual book we have. It's so unbelievably comprehensive. I love it and our daughter absolutely loves it. The best thing is just turning to a random page and looking at how many incredible animals and plants there are that you just can't imagine. The book also contains a great section on the earth, geology, etc. A really beautiful book. Will also be perfect for school projects
on 14 December 2010
It has lots of to learn from the book and it is suitable for all ages. Money is well spent. Thanks!
on 10 December 2010
Like other reviewers, I have no idea how this book can be available at this price. The quality of the images and colours is fantastic, as is the quality of the paper. There is an extraordinary amount of information contained inside, so much so that the book is extremely heavy.
I had originally intended to give this book to my son but I'm not sure that he'll be able to lift it! Definitely not suitable for bed time reading.
A good excuse to keep it for myself.
on 9 June 2015
Fantastic book how do they do it for the money. Worth every penny