5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to help children understand the world around us!
Published on 26 Feb 2010 by Genevieve Tang

2.0 out of 5 stars not up to date version
I thought this edition would be an up to date version. It is not quite suitable for my 6 year old grandaughter.
Published 7 months ago by mrs j sparkes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to help children understand the world around us!, 26 Feb 2010
Genevieve Tang (Strasbourg, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Children's Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
My 8-year old recently started coming home from school with lots of intelligent questions. We thought it was then time to introduce to her some serious reading besides the usual princesses and fairies stuff. I took a chance on this encyclopedia mainly because of its publisher. However, once we got it, we found it to be very well done with beautiful pictures, graphs and illustrations to further pique our daughter's (and ours..) curiosity. It's categorised by topics and extremely easy to search, read and understand. Now, my daughter has knowledge from the world wars to the black hole! She brought it to school for show and tell yesterday and everyone in class loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A grandparents review, 2 Nov 2009
D. S. Walter (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Children's Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
What an excellent well laid out encyclopedia and an excellent gift to any child. Full of great illustrations /images and so easy to read. Even the old folk have the opportunity to recall the old and certainly gained knowledge from the recent experiences.

KS2 English: Study Book Pt. 1 & 2 (Study Books)

KS2 Science: Study Book (Study Books)

5.0 out of 5 stars not just for children:-), 20 Jan 2010
A. B. K. (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Children's Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
Ordered this encyclopedia for a friend's child and loved it myself. I had a look through it and two hours have passed.:-) Short and simple, a handy book for kids and adults! A perfect present for inquisitive kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars open your eyes, 23 Mar 2011
This review is from: The New Children's Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
My 6 yr old loves this........
we are into volcanoes at the moment, including building the japan volcano eruption out of lego....!
Excellent book, great pictures......

5.0 out of 5 stars My 6 year old loves it., 29 Aug 2011
Andrew Peacock (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Children's Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
Bought this for a 7 year old girl who's well into her encyclopedias, and whilst "browsing inside" I decided to buy it also for my 6 year old boy. He loves it - we read a double-page section most nights (normally the same old ones on weather/volcanoes/earthquakes/bugs, but occasionally I get him to branch out!). Well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for curious minds!, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: The New Children's Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
We bought this book for our 7 year old two years ago as a Christmas present. In the past two years, this has been his reference manual for everything. He uses it in school to guide him through projects in science and history. He often reads it in bed at night before going to sleep. This wonderful children's encyclopedia has made my son the most well informed boy in his class!
Well written for his age, well illustrated with side pieces on everything from Egyptian civilisation to the exploration of space.
Very recommended for curious young minds and helps to answer all the questions that we, as parents, don't have all the information for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated and informative, 16 Feb 2012
This review is from: The New Children's Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
I bought this for my 6 year old son, who asked for it for Xmas, knowing that it would probably be too difficult for him to read totally independently at this stage. However, he still loves it and spends ages poring over the pictures, reading the simpler pieces of text (i.e. headings, labels, boxes of extra info), and it has already been great for him to learn to use the index and find bigger numbers (e.g. tracking down page two-two-three). It has a good level of detail, and I can see it being useful for school projects and general reference for a good 5 or more years.

The quality of the book is good - hardback and absolutely stunning graphics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book., 10 Nov 2011
This review is from: The New Children's Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my 8 year old daughter as a birthday present. She loves the book & never puts it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - 2 years later and still reading this, 17 Aug 2012
This review is from: The New Children's Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
I bought this for my son when he was just under 6 and nearly 2 years later and he's still loving it. It's proving very useful with homework projects he's getting and just for general questions he asks - I tell him to go away and find out because I don't know the answer either (sneaky I know!) and then he can teach me the answer and we learn together (even if I secretly do know). He is advanced at reading so this isn't a problem but you could go through this with a non-reader very easily and explain things to them. Definately recommend :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 6 July 2014
J. Trim "Mummy" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Children's Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
This was a gift for my 6 year old daughter, it covers a range of really interesting subjects with some lovely pictures. This is a must for any inquisitive children who really want to learn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The New Children's Encyclopedia
The New Children's Encyclopedia by No Named Authorship (Hardcover - 1 July 2009)
8.00