5.0 out of 5 stars A Smashing Little Book!
Published on 20 Jun. 2012 by Mr. C. J. O'shea

3.0 out of 5 stars limited
Published on 4 Jun. 2013 by Naomi Crosby

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Smashing Little Book!, 20 Jun. 2012
This review is from: French Visual Phrase Book: See it • Say it • Live it (Eyewitness Travel Visual Phrase Book) (Paperback)
I wouldn't be so pretentious as to have written the title to this review in French, but it's comforting to know that I could! This is a fantastic little book and well worth every penny! It fits very snugly in your pocket, so you can take it everywhere, be it for the purposes of a fallback on your holiday, or even just to have on you for practice on the bus to work. The content is clearly laid out, with lots of pictures (as you'd expect with such a title) and all French phrases accompanied by phonetic spelling to aid you with correct pronunciation. I can't recommend this enough, I'd have quite happily paid twice as much for this little beauty!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Nov. 2012
A very useful tool especially as moving to France especially as I can have it on my kindle which is so portable

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THE KINDLE VERSION AND TAKE IT EVERYWHERE..., 7 Dec. 2012
owen's kindle (NEWTON ABBOT DEVON) - See all my reviews
A BRILLIANT LITTLE PHRASE BOOK WITH ITS SAY IT HOW YOU READ IT PRONOUNCIATION... THE KINDLE VERSION WAS INVALUABLE. INTELLIGENTLY WRITTEN AND HELPFUL IN THOSE 'PANIC FRENCH MOMENTS' WHEN YOU KNOW THE WORD YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY IT !

5.0 out of 5 stars Immediate and clear translations., 17 July 2013
I was amazed at the detailing in this little book which is small enough to carry in your purse or pocket.

Descriptions and translations along with correct pronunciation guide is amazing.

I BOUGHT THE BOOK FOR A TRIP TO PARIS AS I HAVEN'T USED MY FRENCH IN OVER 40 YEARS BUT LUCKILY FOUND THAT I DIDN'T REQUIRE IT AS MY MEMORY STIRRED WELL ENOUGH.

If you have any hesitancy over your use of French then this little booklet will be a great aid in making your vacation easier and happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent producet and Delivery time, 11 Jun. 2014
Excellent product I love this little book its fantastic, I ordered it and it came 1 day before I went to Paris, so it actually came before time estimated, I used this book it was marvelous and means you can carry it around with you because it is so small, it is also visual so it`s easier to use, even the french loved it too and had a good look at it and a giggle,

4.0 out of 5 stars great little book!, 24 Dec. 2012
i thought this book was good, and it had useful conversation tips and advice which you would genuinly need. buy it!

3.0 out of 5 stars limited, 4 Jun. 2013
Naomi Crosby (Derbyshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I chose this over the other kindle phrase book because it seemed to have more in it. However it was, in the event, really limited, particularly for foodstuffs. I didn't really notice the pictures, and mainly used the dictionary. This could have done with a proper search facility, but because there were so few words it didn't matter too much! On my next trip I will take a proper dictionary.

5.0 out of 5 stars pictures with descriptions-brilliant, 19 Sept. 2013
Bigcat (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
This is a great little book and really helpful if you havent used the French language since you were in year 3 of senior school! Great for looking at menus inside and outside restaurants. Also I can see it would be helpful if one had a car or health problem. At least it would be a basis to start a conversation.
Fits in your pocket so it is always with you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Easily frustrated? Avoid this., 22 July 2013
I spent a week in France with this 'phrase book' and failed to effect one single translation. Truly! It is 'neither poisson nor volaille' (you won't find those either). To be fair there are many useful phrases, if you have the time to track them down, and it is pocket size (very) but if you are hoping for dictionary translations-forget it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Monty Python book?, 12 Jan. 2015
Good idea but didn't work very well for me. When I used it to ask a waitress for the bill, she waved her hands at me, saying "Noooo" and went off in a hurry to send a male member of staff over (who thankfully could speak English). I didn't bother trying to use it again after that.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

French Visual Phrase Book: See it • Say it • Live it (Eyewitness Travel Visual Phrase Book) by Dorling Kindersley(DK)SP Creative Design (Paperback - 1 July 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01