on 12 January 2013
Really rather nice book this, its probably not quite as comprehensive as it likes to suggest and its a few years behind the current DC new 52 timelines but as a drop in and drop out book to flick through its excellent, the art varies a bit but overall is lovely and very reflective of the characters in its history. Some excellent extended sections to track som of DCs more well known or important characters, plot arcs and gadgets....recommended.
on 8 May 2013
With the dc encyclopaedia I got exactly what the description says, it's a huge book with an article on a lot of if not all dc characters, and it has 2-3 page sections for batman, superman and the more famous characters, I would say its a great buy for any dc fan, and worth picking up if your lost on who any of the characters are, or just want to find out.
on 3 February 2013
This book has all kinds of top information on the dc characters some of them iv'e never heard of but even so it's still a great book, i'm not usually a fan of reading but this has some interesting info in if you into this kind of stuff, the Marvel Encyclopedia is also a top book, i'd get both if i were you.
on 14 July 2010
This book is a great overview of most of the characters in the DC universe. However, you wont find every single character in there, and alot of the entries are very brief. Even for characters with long histories and their own series. Its definately good value for what amazon are currently selling it for, and its a great place to start getting your head around the vast scale of the DC world, but using the word "difinitive" on the cover is a bit misleading. It could be twice the size and still not big enough to cover everything.
on 23 July 2014
my son is happy with it so i guess its very good
on 19 October 2011
I got this as a birthday prezzy from my wife, and I love it. if your a comic fan young or old. I'm sure you can learn from this and enjoy. and when my friends are around I can't get it away from them.
on 1 April 2015
This book is probably one of the best books i have ever read. I brought it ages ago and I'm not even half way. Jam packed with information, if your a comic book fan then this book is for you. The Marvel encyclopaedia is fantastic too and if you love all comics i recommend getting both.
on 14 October 2015
I was given this for my birthday and use it all the time to catch-up on the back story of all the DC films & TV shows that are around now. This copy I bought for my 4 year old godson who loves Robin!
on 16 July 2013
DK make by far the very best of fun informative books, this book so far has literally everything you need to know and more about the DC universe, Characters, Vehicles, Battles you name it!
on 1 April 2013
Ok this is probably the 3rd time I've bought this, as people seem to run away steal (borrow without return) it when they come around. Very informative... However they need an update now.