5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly useful!
Wonderful guide! Perfect for short trips (3-5 days). Gives you the
essential, but also some hidden jewelleries, in a concise way - so you do
not waste lots of time deciding what to see!
Published on 31 Jan 2009 by Anna

3.0 out of 5 stars Visiting Rome in a wheelchair
Published on 28 April 2009 by Mrs. C. J. Attwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly useful!, 31 Jan 2009
Wonderful guide! Perfect for short trips (3-5 days). Gives you the
essential, but also some hidden jewelleries, in a concise way - so you do
not waste lots of time deciding what to see!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Guide, 13 Mar 2009
D. Dacunha "D7NY" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Rome (Paperback)
This guide is great! Easy to read and packed full of straight to the point, interesting, useful information. We tried quite a few of the recommended restaurants and they were wonderful! Enjoy your trip :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Visiting Rome in a wheelchair, 28 April 2009
Mrs. C. J. Attwood "C,J," (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Rome (Paperback)
I received my copy of [eyewitness travel TOP 10 ROME ] shortly before flying off to Rome with my wheelchair and 2 dear friends/helpers. The book is a useful pocket size, unfortunately the print is quite small especially on the maps. I didn't read the book cover to cover before leaving home (it would probably have been a good idea to do so) but dipped into it as we went along which was handy. When I looked at the information for disabled travellers p.167 I was somewhat aprehensive because I wanted to visit the old buildings and museums that are Rome, however my fears were pretty well unfounded because my helpers managed to push me around most of the places that we wanted see. The main obstacle to getting around was the terrible roads and pavements, definately not wheelchair friendly - no mention of that in the book. Apart from that I would recommend buying the book and when viewing the many wonderful sights to take the audio tours which allow you to take your own time instead of a guided tour. I was shocked by the bad behaviour of the loud, rude, pushy, photo taking tourists and felt ashamed to be one. Now, having returned from the holiday I am relaxing and reading through the book with happy memories. Carol

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Rome
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Rome by Jeffrey Kennedy (Paperback - 1 Feb 2008)
Used & New from: 0.01