on 16 November 2007
This book is the best book I have come across in helping with portion control as it is very visual with vast amount of pictures on food and drinks. Not only is there pictures on correct and incorrect portion sizes but also provides the information in weight and hand/finger symbols comparisons e.g, correct portion of chicken might be the size of your palm.
on 4 January 2012
Perfect Portion? Yes, perfect little book. It covers all aspects of food, meat, fish, vegetables etc. Tips for eating less, and a little quiz. The pages are in full colour! You get an illustration of the oversize portion with the weight and calories and the same for the perfect portion. There's also a nutritional analysis with every meal suggestion. A 7 day eating plan. On the whole I like this book and it has inspired me to keep my weight down.
on 15 May 2009
The perfect portion book is excellent for people who would like to eat what they like but do wish to keep healthy. It one of those few books, which recommends physical exercises to go along with dieting. Without one the other does not work. Recommended for anyone attempting to begin a healthy yet enjoyable life style.
on 21 August 2013
At last something that actually visualises for you what a "normal" size food portion is!!! Suitable for anyone who is watching their weight.
Such a simple but effective concept.
on 6 April 2014
This has to be one of the better books I've encountered on portion control and what portions should actually look like. It's very comprehensive, with chapters on meat, fruit and vegetables, fish, starchy foods and even dining out. The best thing about this though is the entire book is in colour, with life-sized photographs of the foods being discussed. This really helps to bring things to life and also makes you realise just how oversized certain portions can be (particularly in restaurants).

Although I've had this for well over six months now I still find myself referring to it quite a lot, especially when cooking evening meals for my husband and me. It's certainly helped me to cut down on the portion sizes we eat, the added bonus of which is that we've both lost weight!
on 25 January 2015
Interesting read. It feels a bit old, but it is effective nonetheless. The life size pictures give you a good idea of how much we overeat on a daily basis and how much a normal portion should look like. It gives you different perspective on what to do to cut down on calories making just small adjustments and without feeling deprived.
on 21 June 2016
I have found this book very informative and I have learnt a lot about the importance of portion control for an effective diet regime. It was very good value too, and comparable to books which cost a great deal more. Very impressed.
on 21 March 2016
Arrived very promptly. Haven't had time to more than quickly flick through, but seems to have a lot of very useful info on how much a portion size should be.
on 12 April 2016
Everyone one in the country should have a copy of this. It's helped me to eat the correct amount at meal times. The best diet book on the market.
on 26 September 2015
Book arrived on time in new condition and great information on portion control with self explanatory diagrams. Exactly what I looked for