Format: HardcoverChange

on 27 July 2011
This book gives a short outline of the tales. I felt it could have been written to complete a word count, rather than give the tales justice. Pictures are good ... but I am looking for another book that tells a more enchanted and imaginative story for my son.
on 2 May 2010
A really lovely book. Got it for our son when he was a little over three and he can happily have the stories read again and again. Great re-tellings of a good selection of stories.
on 8 April 2009
A beautiful book. As a Teacher liked the intro, What is a Fairy Tale? Beautifully illustrated this made a wonderful gift.
on 18 April 2012
I can't judge this book too well as it's really too grown up for my son, who is two. I would recommend it for children from at least age 3, probably 5 would be better.
on 14 January 2016
This book destroys all magic that comes with the traditional fairy tales. I was looking for a book which had all the traditional fairy tales to read to my son, this book is not the answer. All the stories have awful endings and are nothing like the traditional stories and have the WORST morals! For example the little mermaid story ends by the prince marrying someone else so the little mermaid's sisters offer her a knife to kill the prince!!!? This is disgusting I had to quickly make up my own ending whilst reading this to my son. All the stories are cut short to fit into the book so it does not even read the true tale. This book is absolutely awful please do not read this to your children. Fairytales should be special magical stories in which children can imagine and learn and always remember.
on 11 December 2011
The stories let children's imagination run wild. Very good for letting your little one have interaction with the parents. Would highly recommend. Great value and a great read.
on 23 February 2010
Lovely illustrations, nice book. Bought it as a first christmas keepsake for our little one. Looking forward to bedtimes as he gets older.
on 22 October 2013
Really like the book. Good pictures and a fab choice of stories, covered all my favourites. Perfect for my niece's first book of fairy tales :)
on 10 November 2009
I brought this book as a oresent for my three year old. The pictures are lovely. Am really pleased
on 15 November 2013
For the little girl who has everything. It was a christening present and i wanted something not silver or tacky. Lovely.