4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid All Rounder

Published on 26 April 2011 by Poppy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid All Rounder, 1 Dec 2001
By A Customer
This is a good all-round guide to owning a cat. It covers all the main areas including choosing a cat, raising kittens, grooming, health, feeding and diagnosing illness and injuries. It includes a wide variety of pictures which are a nice touch, but sometimes it seems that fewer pictures and greater details in areas such as pregnancy, kitten behaviour, travelling & relocating would enhance the book. For these reasons I feel that it deserves 4 stars rather than 5. It has everything most people will need, but just one star short of excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good All Rounder, 26 May 2006
This review is from: RSPCA Complete Cat Care Manual (Paperback)
Although generally a very good book, it is a general care book. If you have a moggie or a standard cat, then by all means this is the book for you. However if you have a more speccialist breed of cat that is prone to health problems, then you may need to consider finding a book for that certain cat, as specialist items are not covered.

However if you're after a starter book, that will help you get to grips with care, then this book is very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive A - Z guide book, 5 Oct 2009
This review is from: RSPCA Complete Cat Care Manual (Paperback)
Preparing for my first cat that is a British shorthair, I wanted a book that I can refer to throughout the life of my pet.

This is an impressive book, very detailed and informative with excellent pictures. All DK books are beautiful and a pleasure to read.

I recommend this book for especially someone like myself, who is about to own their first kitten. It really is a complete guide book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat Care Manual, 11 Mar 2009
This review is from: RSPCA Complete Cat Care Manual (Paperback)
As a total novice to kitten and cat care, I found this book extremely useful. It is easy to read and digest, the colour illustrations aid the process, and each section is detailed, with helpful information about every aspect of bringing a feline into the family home. I especially liked the chapter about cat behaviour, and signs to be aware of in relation to stress or any form of discontent the animal may be experiencing. Well recommended, and easy to refer back to time and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really really helpful book full of great pictures and easy to follow, 15 Sep 2010
This review is from: RSPCA Complete Cat Care Manual (Paperback)
I'm a veterinary nurse and I brought this book for a friend who had never owned a cat before and had asked me if they needed water, panic! This book was brilliant, she was even able to determine the sex of the kittens from it. Its full of useful information on care and what to do in an emergency. Its easy to read and full of useful pictures and diagrams,its a great book to have to hand even for the experienced cat owner. Really pleased I brought it for her!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 9 Oct 2009
This review is from: RSPCA Complete Cat Care Manual (Paperback)
Loved this book, we bought it along with our first kitten. It's a very clear book with all the basics you need to know for looking after our feline friends

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a first time cat owner, 28 Sep 2009
This review is from: RSPCA Complete Cat Care Manual (Paperback)
I bought this book when I discovered my cat was pregnant and had no idea what to expect! It was an excellent guide and has subsequently proved a very interesting read. It covers a wide range of subjects from grooming to feeding though not in a huge amount of depth but it's been useful nonetheless. Brilliant for a first time cat owner.

4.0 out of 5 stars cat care, 16 Oct 2008
Mr. Scott Nuttall (sheffield uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RSPCA Complete Cat Care Manual (Paperback)
this is a good book 1 I would olso recommend is this 1 The Encyclopedia Of Cats both books are very informative the other book has more detail but this book is olso a must have as its easy to read and good digrams

4.0 out of 5 stars good enough, 2 Aug 2010
J. Evans - See all my reviews
This review is from: RSPCA Complete Cat Care Manual (Paperback)
Good info but isn't complete like it says. Goes on a bit about illnesses. Overall though its good to have.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 26 April 2011
This review is from: RSPCA Complete Cat Care Manual (Paperback)
I'm about to get my first cat in a couple of weeks, and I was hoping this book would give me an overview, but it didn't. There is more emphasis on cute pictures, rather than useful knowledge. E.g. It states info on behavioural problems, but not suggestions of how to deal with the problem. I don't think this book has been updated since it was first published in '92, there was no info on micro chipping! I only found 1 info useful, which was what type of food to feed ur cat, other than cat food. I now have to find another book that is more helpful.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

RSPCA Complete Cat Care Manual
RSPCA Complete Cat Care Manual by Andrew Edney (Paperback - 30 Mar 2006)
Used & New from: 1.32