5.0 out of 5 stars the food doctor everyday cookbook
Published on 29 Dec 2005 by serenemoon

3.0 out of 5 stars quick delivery
Interesting read, and some good tips, my daughter was pleased with this book and uses it almost every day - good
Published 4 months ago by Jill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars the food doctor everyday cookbook, 29 Dec 2005
This review is from: The Food Doctor Everyday Diet Cookbook (Paperback)
if you have brought Ians other books buy this too, the recipes are easy to follow and from the ones I have tried so far they are delicious and easy to prepare which is a plus for me.the food doctor books are well laid out and explain everything you what to know in a very user friendly way thus making the transition to healthy eating very easy and accessable the ingredients are easy to get hold of too which is great for anyone with a busy life. I also have books by Gillian mckeith which I can also recommend but this is by far easier to follow in my own opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative, tasty recipes from the Food Doctor, 29 Dec 2005
Katrina (Preston, Lancs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Food Doctor Everyday Diet Cookbook (Paperback)
One of the best features about this book is that it contains recipes that will appeal to a wide variety of tastes and for every type of diet.
As always from the Food Doctor there's realistic and helpful advice for following the the '10 principles', It's safe, sensible and practical advice but makes food a real pleasure. The principles are so easy to follow, they are just second nature to me. My glucose and energy levels remain constant, I don't have sweet cravings but I still enjoy treats, knowing my weight remains at my ideal levels. Thanks to the Food Doctor, this way of eating has been such a benefit to my wellbeing that it's without doubt a plan I intend to follow for life.
There's a wide range of flavours and recipes for every lifestyle and for different days in the week, ranging from healthy fast foods to preparing dishes for friends and family. The store cupboard ideas are such a good idea, the lentil and bean recipes are delicious. The recipes come with quantity servings for lunch or dinner menus and suggestions for substituting the choice of protein in the dishes to your own preferences. This lastest book comes complete with some mouth watering dessert ideas too. With an interesting section which gives some of the benefits of the foods in the book.
It is well written, packed with good advice, is clearly presented with so many creative meal idea's which are not complicated, it proves that healthy food can taste so good!

4.0 out of 5 stars A diet's not just for Christmas, 5 Jan 2006
This review is from: The Food Doctor Everyday Diet Cookbook (Paperback)
I too have been on a seemingly endless treadmill of crash dieting followed by a slow but steady weight gain. One of the problems was that I was weak-willed. Another, and I'm sure they are complementary, was that there's nothing tasty about salads and bran flakes. Ian Marner shows us here that low calorie doesn't have to mean bland. A little sauce here or a marinade there can make all the difference to food which is good for you, but otherwise pretty unappetising. One complaint is that the portion sizes are on the small side. I know Ian has our best interests at heart but I'm sure he doesn't mean to starve us, so I've just increased the ingredients by 30-40% on most recipes. I'm big-boned and can easily carry this, but others may not be so lucky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eating well, 2 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Food Doctor Everyday Diet Cookbook (Paperback)
The book arrived in good time and it was cheaper even with the overseas postage than buying locally.
The book itself, from what we have seen so far, is ideal for our purpose which is finding simple recipes that can be put together quickly and provide healthy eating.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY a diet book that vegetarians can use, 1 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Food Doctor Everyday Diet Cookbook (Paperback)
As a vegetarian I've struggled to find a book like this that allows me to eat the healthy and nutritious food that vegetarians should - nuts, seeds, cheese, avocado, healthy oils etc that are normally demonised by weight loss programmes but leave us veggies living off of rubbery low fat cottage cheese and the odd egg and feeling tierd through lack of protein. Finally, a book that had enabled me to eat in a healthy but nutritious way and still loose weight.

Recipies vary between lentils, chick peas, holumi cheese and feta cheese and others more reliant on vegetables such as butternut squash. More of a 'eat the good stuff and your body will do the rest' and portion control rather than a prescriptive diet.

Been following the book for 2 weeks, already lost 91b and I haven't started exercising yet. Agree with other posts that portion sizes can be small and a bit of a shock to the system. I add in the odd small portion of brown rice or glass of milk as a top up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Food Doctor Everyday Diet Cookbook (Paperback)
My sister gave me a smaller one of these, but most of the recipes from that are contained in this one.
Delicious food, sensible plan. I lost 13 kilos eating this way (and increasing my exercise).
I've often served recipes to friends mad family and they have no idea they're eating 'diet' food

3.0 out of 5 stars quick delivery, 14 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Food Doctor Everyday Diet Cookbook (Paperback)
A lot of good recipes contained in this book but not all of them would suit me and I might not always have the ingredients to hand. Nonetheless another helpful read from Ian Marber.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Food Doctor Everyday Diet Cookbook (Paperback)
Delivered as expected over Xmas period, so pleased with that. Book is in great condition and is exactly as described. A great book to build on the first, adding a lot more ideas of meals. Would use this seller again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Healhty and easy, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Food Doctor Everyday Diet Cookbook (Paperback)
I love this book! Easy recipes and lots of ideas.Good buy.Came quickly and in great condition.Very happy with it and would recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Food Doctor Everyday Diet Cookbook
The Food Doctor Everyday Diet Cookbook by Ian Marber (Paperback - 5 Jan 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01