1 Review

3.0 out of 5 stars For Angelina Fans, 3 April 2010
A John (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: My First Cookbook (Angelina Ballerina) (Hardcover)
This is a hardback book containing 9 recipes. It begins with a page on preparation, things like, ask for help, tie your hair back, put on an apron..... yes.... it does rather remind me of things from thirty or forty years ago.

The instructions have pink hand symbols to let children know which steps they need help with, and are fairly simple. There is a good variety between sweet and savory, but it isn't exactly healthy food. And this is (apart from the relative lack of recipes), the disappointment for me. We need more cookery books which at least make an attempt to encourage children towards healthy eating. When I made the meringue recipe with my 9 year old daughter, we used less than half of the amount of sugar suggested, and they still turned out sweet.

As for the tie in with Angelina Ballerina - I would hope for a story, or an activity page, or at least something which tied the character to the activity, but apart from a picture on each page, there wasn't much here for fans.

Would I recommend it? Sorry. There are far better recipe books for children - and for little girls out there.

ARRAY(0xa72308ac)

My First Cookbook (Angelina Ballerina)
My First Cookbook (Angelina Ballerina) by Katharine Holabird (Hardcover - 1 Sep 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01