5.0 out of 5 stars So much detail!
My children abslolutely love this book. They have looking through it ever since it came last week. I have to say that the detailing is great and would recommend it it to any family with children of all ages!
Published on 22 Oct 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for children, but not so much for students.
It has some useful information in, but not as much as you'd need for an academic level unless you're still in school.
Published 8 months ago by Hayley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So much detail!, 22 Oct 2005
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous !!!!, 5 July 2006
This review is from: Body: An amazing tour of human anatomy (Hardcover)
I am a 1st yr student nurse and I have found this book fantastic in assisting my studies. The illustrations are amazing and the explanations easy to understand. It has helped deepen my knowledge of all body structures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic graphics, so much detail, yet so easy to follow!, 23 Oct 2006
C. Davis (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body: An amazing tour of human anatomy (Hardcover)
Having read the previous Student Nurse's review, I decided to purchase this book myself, and I was not disappointed! The fantasitic graphics assist you to follow the body's systems intricately. Cells, Organs and Systems have been magnified to that you can really see the picture of what is going on. I'm sure children would find this book extremely fascinating. Whether or not you need it for study, I'd reccommend having it on your bookshelf for easy reference, as it is quite comprehensive for what may be deemed a 'picture book'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for all, 9 Nov 2006
Mrs. A. E. Ashford (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body: An amazing tour of human anatomy (Hardcover)
I would like to say that my children aged 4, 9, 10 and 12 absolutely love this book. It is a fountain of knowledge. As a qualified midwife I can see the potential for it's use for health professionals as a starting point but I think this is really aimed at those with just an interest.

Well done Professor Winston, you are truly an inspiration!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Diagrams, 1 July 2007
Mrs. A. L. Heaton (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body: An amazing tour of human anatomy (Hardcover)
I purchased this book to use as a teaching aid - I teach secondary school science, and thought the diagrams would be really useful. I wasn't disappointed, and have used this book, in conjunction with other resources, with all of my KS3 classes (11-14 years old). The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I thought the CD was rather boring and not up to the standard of the rest of the book. Other than that, I thought this was a really good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best overall body book, 24 Mar 2007
This review is from: Body: An amazing tour of human anatomy (Hardcover)
I bought this as my daughter(year5)and my son(year 3)are both doing about the human body, my daughters work is a bit more detailed but it has helped them both. It is very detailed and has laminated pages too. It is really a reference type book, you wouldnt sit down and 'read'it as such. It covers all topics from bones right through to the sexual organs. I think it will see my children right through secondary school too. Only one critisim which is very minor, is that the pages are on a metal ring binder and are not so easy to turn page to page as other bound books, but this does not detract from a well written book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book and exceptional value., 26 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Body: An amazing tour of human anatomy (Hardcover)
The layout of the book and the quality of the illustrations is superb and the way the computer CD allows the user to focus dynamically on body detail is captivating. An excellent book for aspiring young medics at an unbelievable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all families!!, 10 April 2009
This review is from: Body: An amazing tour of human anatomy (Hardcover)
This book is amazing, and a must have for all families. Children of all ages (and adults!!) can take something from this book. My 5 year old daughter was fascinated by some of the diagrams & pictures, and I'm sure in years to come will benfit from the information available. Everything is laid out in an easy to read structured format, with a big emphasis on the visual pictures and diagrams. There are some excellent clear acetate pages giving directional information for heart, respiratory system, eyes, brain and more. These overlay already excellent diagrams below. I can't recommend this book enough, and I haven't even mentioned the interactive CD-ROM.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Colourful and informative, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Body: An amazing tour of human anatomy (Hardcover)
Just right level of information for young children to gain an understanding of the basics of human anatomy an ideal present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hat off to Prof Robert Winston, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Body: An amazing tour of human anatomy (Hardcover)
Absolutely, a fantastic book! My son loves the detail, unfortunate the disk does not work on my laptop. The content suites anyone studying at GCSE & above or with a keen interest in human biology.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Body: An amazing tour of human anatomy
Body: An amazing tour of human anatomy by Robert Winston (Hardcover - 6 Oct 2005)
5.20