4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the Weekend Away
Published on 25 Sept. 2011 by Jack Percival

3.0 out of 5 stars Crouchie
Again, another DK Eyewitness book that doesn't disappoint. The information given is brilliant and will be extremely useful on my travels. Would definitely recommend buying it.
Published on 25 July 2012 by Crouchie

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the Weekend Away, 25 Sept. 2011
Jack Percival (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
On a recent trip to Seattle for 3 days, this book was ideal. Packing the Top 10 things to do in each area of town I could easily put together a daily itinerary of things to do, places to eat and areas to visit. Beginning with an overview of each section the Top 10's are brief enough to be readable, well illustrated and give enough detail for you to decide if you want to visit the attraction yourself. With the addition of a couple of maps at the back of the book as well as the Free Pull-out map and guide, ideal for taking out with you, this book is a great size and easily fits into a small backpack or handbag with the map as an additional pocket option if your not taking a bag.

The only thing I would criticise about this book is the lack of detail of the surrounding areas of Seattle, a "Top 10" things to do just outside the town as well as a bit of history of the area would have been nice. However, all of the information I used was accurate and up to date and the recommendations were generally excellent throughout, I only wish I had picked up San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another winner in DK's "Top 10" series, 20 April 2011
Having been to Seattle twice previously I wanted a pocket sized guide to both update and refresh my knowledge, and one that would be convenient to carry around in a pocket or bag. This "Top 10" guide to Seattle will be ideal for a visit lasting up to two weeks. I've seen more comprehensive guides which would be good for longer stays, but this guide provides an excellent overview of all the main places worth visiting and a few more besides. It contains DK's usual excellent sections of additional information on Accommodation, Travel, Shopping and Eating, plus a good pull-out map. I'm looking forward to using on our visit this summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide, 30 Jan. 2013
Full of relevant facts and information on places of interest, hotels of various grades, eateries, etc, etc - easy to carry around- a very useful pull out map. What more do you want?

Go to Seattle - its a fabulous place. Make sure you take in a Seahawks game - what an experience - loudest (and best!) fans in the USA.

3.0 out of 5 stars Crouchie, 25 July 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Seattle in a blink, 18 April 2010
I bought this as a small gift for my daughter who has been dreaming about going to Seattle ever since she saw Sleepless in Seattle. It provided a lovely overview, enough to excite her further and for me to invest another £800 in an airline ticket for us to go. If you're looking for a brief overview, such as flying in for a business trip or a short weekend, this is an excellent buy. Economical, well written, and sufficiently informative to give you the details you need to ask your concierge more in-depth questions. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars ROLL ON SEATTLE, 20 Mar. 2013
A VERY GOOD PRODUCT. I AGREE WITH WHICH THAT IT IS A BEST BUY. CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO SEATTLE, I FEEL I NOW KNOW THE PLACE WELL.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good although slightly dated, 4 May 2013
We chose this book despite it being slightly dated, as it got good reviews. It is largely fit for purpose still though (spring 2013) and covered nearly all of our needs on our recent trip. The break down of suggestions into areas and subjects was really handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travelling Light, 2 Feb. 2010
Traceylee Hayes (Richmond, Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
DK top 10 travel guides are perfect if you have a few days in a city and need quick informative touring information. The suggested itinearies are great as they are located all within the same area which saves time. I never travel to a city without them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Planning a short trip, 5 May 2011
We're only staying in Seattle for a couple of days so this is a great book for planning our itinerary. We've used other Top10 books and always found them to be really useful. Useful maps as well for quick reference when you get there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good guide, 19 Aug. 2013
I used the pocket map on our walkabout so that was extremely helpful. We were just not enamoured with Seattle, so whatever the guide book said, it wouldn't have made any difference. These books are well laid out and easy to use..

Seattle (DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide)
Seattle (DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide) by Eric Amrine (Paperback - 27 Jan. 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01