4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book For Anybody, 17 Mar. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Claudine at St.Clare's (Paperback)
This book is a hilarious story of a little french girl who has come to St Clare's.She is very funny because she is frightened of animals.You won't be able to put it down until you've finished , so I wouldn't reccomend it for bedtime reading.It is one of Enid Blyton's best.Buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life's always more exciting at St. Clare's!, 6 Dec. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Claudine at St.Clare's (Paperback)
This was the first book I read in the St. Clare's series. It's my favorite followed by "The Twins at St. Clare's" because I love the contrast between Angela and Eileen's characters.
Usually, Enid Blyton's books focus on the middle and upper classes in England --- I liked the substory on Eileen's brother, Eddie, and the hardships he and their family had to endure with the death of their father. That, I think, makes the story so much more believable and girls of other classes can relate to the story a little bit more.
I also liked Claudine's character and the image of her falling into the pool and dousing Angela' mean mum with chlorinated pool water. I also liked the fact that she had laid-back personality, none of the English sense of honor nonsense, while maintaining her integrity.
Overall, this book is the best out of St. Clare series --- full of stories on good versus evil, delicious midnight feasts and swims and people learning their lessons the hard way!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring back the old times, 12 Jan. 2014
I loved Enid Blyton as a child and want my daughter to read all the books I read instead of finding entertainment purely through computers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 Dec. 2013
Excellent book excellent series. Can not wait to read more of the intriguing books, recommended to younger girls around 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!!!!!!, 17 Oct. 2014
I have read many of the St Clare books, and this one is my favourite by far. Claudine (Mamzelle's neice) is a very funny character. She hates going outside and playing games. She loves needle work, and never seems to get the "English sense of honour." She is very loyal to her aunt, Mamzelle. She hates water, and because she knew that Angela's mum had been mean to Mamzelle at half term, she deliberately threw herself into the swimming pool, wetting Angela's mum, just to get back at her!
I have to say, this is Enid Blyton at her best, so, don't read this one at night because you will never be able to put it down :)))

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Claudine, 1 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Claudine at St Clare's (Paperback)
Of course, there are plenty of stereotypes again - this time, it is the games-hating, needlework-loving French girl.

Being a games-hater myself, I absolutely loved Claudine and I still do. She always has her way and gets out of everything she does not like, and yet she is very nice and charming.

An interesting idea to introduce a new matron who is not nice at all, but terribly nasty - and the unfortunate Eileen's mother!

Of course, there is a new baddie, this time it is the Honourable Angela Favorleigh, boasting all the time, especially about her 'wonderful' mother - but at half-term, Angela has to realize that the other girls resent her mother's constant complaining.

Once more, the twins Pat and Isobel have a minor part - they don't do anything and you hardly notice them. But their cousin Alison, supposed to be a feather-head, shows herself good-hearted and kind, even taking care of the unpopular Eileen - though Alison doesn't like Eileen, she realizes how unhappy the girl is. Mam'zelle likes Alison and rightly so!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book by customer, 22 Oct. 2014
I loved this book! I've read all of the St Clare's books and came back to explain why!
*it always has a new adventure
*great characters
*good stories
*mixed emotions from characters
*I wished I was there with them!!!
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes adventures!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK., 13 May 2014
I chose this five-star rating because Claudine at st clares is amazing. Claudine is Mam'zelle's niece who does cheeky things like locking matron in a cupboard and throwing herself in the swimming pool just to punish a nasty, spiteful mother of Angela. There is a new girl called Pauline and a new matron's daughter called Eileen. There are tricks as usual and a new teacher called Miss Ellis who doesn't stand much nonsense in her form!!! I liked the bit where Claudine falls deliberately over the swimming pool gallery just to drench Angela's mother who hates st clares. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes the st clares series or has read even one of the st clares books so READ IT and I guarantee that you will give it a five-star rating!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 April 2014
This book is very entertaining.It was so good I have read it millions of times!!! I would recommend this book to friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally amazing!, 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Claudine at St Clare's (Paperback)
I think that Claudine who is mamzelles nice is so so so hilarious! Also Claudine is very afraid of animals...for instance in the book she says "aaaaaaa" and miss Ellis says"Claudine what is it now? I shall send you inside if you scream once more!" (not realising that Claudine hates the outdoors!) "it is a thing that carries a sting and goes zzzzzzzz!" "A bee".
I would recommend this to anyone who likes Malory towers! Although st.Clare's is way better!!!!!!!!!!

Claudine at St Clare's
Claudine at St Clare's by Enid Blyton (Paperback - 2 Jan. 2014)